Thought I was seeing double Jono!
    David Anderson

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fuji X-T1 shows up on Fuji's site

Quote Originally Posted by Braeside View Post
    Jono,

I wondered when or if you would be trying the Fuji X-T1, so am delighted to learn that you are.

I currently have the Olympus OMD-EM5 plus a load of m4/3 glass, and the Fuji X-Pro1 plus another load of Fuji X glass, and one system had to go as I cannot be doing with trying to remember the ins an outs of 2 different systems, it makes more sense for me to consider another Fuji as a backup, I wouldn't part with the XP-1, so all of the Oly gear and Panasonic lenses are going (at a considerable loss no doubt).

I am in no hurry to get the X-T1, will wait until Aperture supports it probably, and am also more interested in a weatherproof upgraded X-Pro1 type camera as I like the OVF very much, so may wait for word of that, however the X-_T1 might give some clues as to what to expect in terms of performance.

I am waiting for the 23mm 1.4 Fuji lens to arrive here, which is a focal length that I find perfect for me, the closest I have is my 25mm Zeiss Biogon on the GXR M mount.

Hopefully once my health issues are a bit better, I can actually get somewhere and shoot, fingers crossed.

That was the Amazon man at the door, but only the ND filter I ordered... and there is not enough daylight to need it just now.

Cheers
    HI There
    Well - I've currently got 3 (or is that 4) mirrorless systems on the go, and I want to get back to one as soon as possible.But I'd like to choose the best one. A week shooting in the Lakes has proved that I really do want weather sealed - there's plenty of good snaps to take in the pouring rain, and you need a weathersealed camera to do it!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh, I made the mistake of going and trying the X-T1 out at our local store. Fortunately, they only had the display model and none in stock for sale .

Then I went out shooting with my trusty EM-5, and it felt fiddly .

I've never considered running two systems at the same time, but I am seriously considering it now...

As I expected, the locking ISO wheel is annoying, but the rest of the controls felt really well laid out and thought out for me. As others have said, this is what Nikon should have done with the df IMO.

Doug
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

agree greypilgrim, the ISO locking wheel I found to be hard to change ISO quickly. Wish it could have been like the EM-1 locking mode dial where one push locks the dial, and one push unlocks it.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Be interested in your views, as you know I'm happy in Fujiland and currently contemplating upgrading to either X-E2 or X-T1. However, X-E1 is keeping me going in my retirement and as I only submit to Alamy these days, there's no rush to move on.
    David
    Hi David
    I hope you're well - you're cat is doing just fine - she's finally mastered the new puppy and life is settling down a bit (yes please!).
    I'll soon be in the position of having tried and tested the A7s (both), the E-M1 and also the new Fuji . . . . but to be honest, I can't see that there's anything useful to say - just depends what you want. All of them take decent snaps.

all the best

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI There
    Well - I've currently got 3 (or is that 4) mirrorless systems on the go, and I want to get back to one as soon as possible.But I'd like to choose the best one. A week shooting in the Lakes has proved that I really do want weather sealed - there's plenty of good snaps to take in the pouring rain, and you need a weathersealed camera to do it!
    After using the E-M1 in the rain, it gave me confidence to not require the use of a camera bag to protect the E-M1 from the elements and rather simply leave it hanging satchel style, as I walk through the rain.

That being said, back when I used Canon DSLRs, the 10D and then 5D I frequently used it in torrential rains, of which neither was weather sealed, yet both never failed, and still work perfectly today.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    agree greypilgrim, the ISO locking wheel I found to be hard to change ISO quickly. Wish it could have been like the EM-1 locking mode dial where one push locks the dial, and one push unlocks it.
    Hi There
    I quite agree - that toggle button on the E-M1 is the business. But it's lovely to see what you've chosen on the X-T1

I have to say that, provisionally, I'm rather in love.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Hi There
    I quite agree - that toggle button on the E-M1 is the business. But it's lovely to see what you've chosen on the X-T1

I have to say that, provisionally, I'm rather in love.
    Jono,
    I have to agree with that sentiment somewhat. I told my wife that it would be purely an emotional purchase, not logical at all as I have a very nice m4/3 system built up. She was no help (told me it was okay to go ahead and get it ).

At this point, it all comes down to the fun of shooting. They all take perfectly good pictures. And it really seems (for me, minus that locking ISO wheel and not having ibis) that the Fuji hits that target...

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

For the record, there are two in stock with the 18-55 kit lens at Amazon...

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Fuji or Olympus hardware - decisions, decisions, decisions ......... but for me there's also the big question of 4:3 versus 3:2 formats.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

HI There
    Jono,

Given the recent shocking weather you have been having down south that makes a lot of sense. Watching with interest.
    David Anderson

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Elderly View Post
    Fuji or Olympus hardware - decisions, decisions, decisions ......... but for me there's also the big question of 4:3 versus 3:2 formats.
    HI Ian
    I can live with either . . . but my heart is with 3:2.
    but decisions can wait!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elderly View Post
    I've shot both. They both work. I probably lean a little to 4:3, but...

I also like shooting for and cropping to 1:1

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

greypilgrim, guess then 4:3 is a good midway for cropping 1:1, and 3:2

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Got It!
    Seems lovely except for a creaky SD card door (is yours creaky too?)
    Hmm, it seems that I didn't get the X-T1 creaky SD card door edition. It must be a UK only special version
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Hmm, it seems that I didn't get the X-T1 creaky SD card door edition. It must be a UK only special version
    CRC 556!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi David
    I hope you're well - you're cat is doing just fine - she's finally mastered the new puppy and life is settling down a bit (yes please!).
    I'll soon be in the position of having tried and tested the A7s (both), the E-M1 and also the new Fuji . . . . but to be honest, I can't see that there's anything useful to say - just depends what you want. All of them take decent snaps.

all the best
    Yes things are good and it's even stopped raining down here in Devon. Well it still is raining just not a continual downpour so it seems it's stopped.
    Glad to hear about the cat.
    Re anything useful to say etc, I'm just interested in your views and often drop in on your posts. What I want is a premium bond win. What I need, well you know the song
    All the best
    David

Post Thanks / Like

HI Ian
    I can live with either . . . but my heart is with 3:2.
    but decisions can wait!
    I went to the Tony Ray-Jones & Martin Parr exhibition at the Science Museum yesterday and all those grainy, not a correct vertical in sight, wonderful moments captured, reminded me that my heart is also with 3:2.

We've moved on a lot since those days of HP4 and no image stabilization but there's no substitute for the photographer's eye.

It's ironic that in a photo exhibition, there's no photography allowed,
    however ....... ETA temporarily removed image that didn't load properly ..... back soon .
    Back - I hope this works, last time it only showed the top half of the image!!!

Last edited by Elderly; 25th February 2014 at 04:07. Reason: Replacing image
    Ian.