The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

Arne Hvaring

Setting Worm Moon
View attachment 183604
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | SK120 ASPH | f/11 | +/- 20mm stitch​

I set my alarm early with a plan to head out to Treasure Island to photograph the full Worm Moon setting behind the Golden Gate Bridge at sunrise. But one of the local webcams showed that Karl the Fog was rolling in to give us a glorious low fog event, so it was on to plan B (I would have been standing in the soup had I ventured over to Treasure Island).

John
Wonderful image, John!

Cheers Arne

• Thanks
Reactions: jng

Ed Hurst

Setting Worm Moon
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | SK120 ASPH | f/11 | +/- 20mm stitch

I set my alarm early with a plan to head out to Treasure Island to photograph the full Worm Moon setting behind the Golden Gate Bridge at sunrise. But one of the local webcams showed that Karl the Fog was rolling in to give us a glorious low fog event, so it was on to plan B (I would have been standing in the soup had I ventured over to Treasure Island).

John
Super shot, John. Taken from the Oakland side?

Ed Hurst

Quite stunning! I have experienced (and shot) the lovely low-lying fog conditions while on one of my regular trips to SF, but only from the Marin Headlands area (which feature in your picture) - never from across there. I'll remember to do so the next time I get an opportunity. That will be a while, partly because Covid is making international travel impossible from my home in Australia and partly because I will soon be having surgery. But something to look forward to!

jng

Quite stunning! I have experienced (and shot) the lovely low-lying fog conditions while on one of my regular trips to SF, but only from the Marin Headlands area (which feature in your picture) - never from across there. I'll remember to do so the next time I get an opportunity. That will be a while, partly because Covid is making international travel impossible from my home in Australia and partly because I will soon be having surgery. But something to look forward to!
Hi Ed,

Thanks again! I was actually debating whether to shoot from the Headlands this morning but had my heart set on capturing the setting full moon. And this location is less than 5 minutes from my house so laziness before sunrise generally wins. This was the first low fog event in a few months so I really was tempted. Let me know the next time you make it out here and I’ll show you some of my secret spots! And best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery!

John

Ed Hurst

Thank you! I am sure we can share each other's, and as a local, I'm certain you know some special ones I haven't been able to find :)

Oh, and I can't take the credit for most of these locations. A good friend has been very generous with help and ideas.

Reactions: jng

D&A

Almost? Looks pretty good to me, Dave. Those trees in the background around the Tidal Basin appear to be in peak bloom. I'm envious. And inspired.

Joe
Joe, when the time is right, I truly look forward to the day when you can join me anytime, but especially when the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom. At the moment, it's still slightly early, as many buds haven't fully opened. Peak to the causal eye is when the surfaces beneath the trees just begin to be covered by delicate soft white and pink pedals. Eventually it forms a colorful carpet at which time the "peak" blooming has just past. I would like to eventually post a few pics that illustrate this. Hope you get the/your Fuji battery indicator issue sorted out quickly, as I and many others look forward to seeing your inspiring imagery.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

spb

Staff member
A couple of 'test' shots with the GFX100S and GF 100-200 + 1.4, nothing exciting or particularly interesting but interesting for me as I test out the camera and lenses. The first image from Rotkreuz one can see the top of Michelskreuz (top middle is the church surrounded by the trees) The Gasthaus Michaelskreuz is not visible from the Rotkreuz vantage point of course.

Michaelskreuz hill climb. which I hope will be run this year.
Mar 30 2021_STPB0076.jpgMar 30 2021_STPB0077.jpg

Last edited: