The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by areallygrumpyoldsod

1. A

Petapixel: Phase One XC Review: A Camera in Search of a Photographer

Clicks/views most certainly do not mean Revenues/Sales not for product like this. Clicks/views come from the WTF 60-70k for a camera with one lens -- and the naivety of the on-line trope becomes clearer and clearer. If you look at the makeup and pricing of the XC - the 150MP IQ4...
  2. A

Hasselblad XCD 90mm V lens is shipping

JK is activer on DPR and has responded wrt to his review - see https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4736679
  3. A

[Help] Choosing the right lens for my first tech cam

I use the Cambo Actus primarily with an Actar 24mm lens - see. There is also Actar 15mm, 19mm, 20mm, 35mm, 60mm, 80mm, 90mm, 105mm and 120mm My next choice is the 19mm, which is a rehoused Nikkor PC-E 19mm, but is much more expensive than most other Actar lenses. Here is a link to the data sheet...
  4. A

Nikon Z9 firmware update version 4.10 released : preliminary tests.

My conclusions are similar to Steve's. In FW 4.10 Auto and Animal SD behave like they still includes the "old" birds algorithm/data - whereas the new Birds SD is a vast step up.
  5. A

Cambo Actus Actar Lens Mount

No Screws - so it is probably threaded onto the plate. BUT trying to turn the front element just rotates the outer shell and not the inner lens element.
  6. A

Cambo Actus Actar Lens Mount

The lens is in 3 parts -- the cambo plate; the front element and the rear element. The Rear Element unscrews relatively easily. The front element does not (and I am not willing to force mine) and if one tries the outer shell of the lens rotates before the lens comes unscrewed from the plate...
  7. A

Free agent. X2D vs GFX

The real question is why buy into a new system? What does your current gear prevent you from achieving that a body with a 100mp 16-bit sensor that is slow to use would give you? The Z9 for action and a lot more; the Leica for those days you fancy wearing at beret or your goatee needs waxing oh...
  8. A

Hasselblad xcd 55v lens

Thanks for these images but I am a little confused as to what you were focussing "on" -- or more precisely what focus distance your lenses were set to. AND how this impacted these images. Looking at the images in both RAW digger (to see what EXIF data is easy to see) and then when I process the...
  9. A

Hasselblad xcd 55v lens

I am happy with my 55V, 38V ans 28P and 4 other X lenses plus a bunch of HC/HCD -- perhaps some folk are over thinking this. H has never issued a weak product. I have no reason to consider the new V lenses or P weak at all.
  10. A

Lens options for Cambo Actus-G paired with Sony A7Riv

I also found "FotodioX WonderPana FreeArc 145mm ND16 and ND32 Kit for Nikon PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED Tilt-Shift Lens" at B&H -- but I would stick with Nisi - good luck and let us know how you get on.
  11. A

Thanks - I have the hood but am missing the bayonet adapter. Yes Nisi have re-confirmed they stopped production of their adapter. I was looking for a used version. Some Nisi outlets may have stock of the original S5 system - but I would check with the retailer they actually have stock before...
  12. A

Hi — I have the Altus and Actar 24mm plus a few different filters/holders - I use an 82mm to 105mm stepping ring to attach either my Nisi S6 system or 114mm Kase magnetic filers after using a 105->114mm step up ring. Since the Actar 19mm uses the same barrel as the 24mm and you can use the same...
  13. A

Capture One Import from Hasselblad

We have been asking to provide linear Dng files from Phocus for a while.
  14. A

Capture One Import from Hasselblad

Should the exif not be changed from Hasselblad to Phase One -- otherwise Capture One does not recognise the file -- it does is the script is changed. /usr/local/bin/exiftool -overwrite_original -make='Phase One' -m ~/pictures/HasselbladC1 BTW I cannot get the script to work on my mac running...
  15. A

Hasselblad XCD 28P

I consider D+15, V+92, 50 - +8 distortion leaves too much barrel distortion for me. But while +15 is better it is still not the best. However, I consider using the lens profile for the HCD 4/28 with distortion at 100 and vignetting 200 and also manual distortion +56 - this gave me equal...