The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

lookbook

You are one of a handful of photographers on this site whose work is instantly recognizable. (I mean that in a good way, of course...)
Matt
(and taking pictures of my cat doesn't count!)

YOU ...
Leica M Monochrom - Canon Fd 1.2 55mm aspherical

Hello Matt,
thanks for the great compliment!
Even though the picture doesn't quite fit the guidelines of this group,
it expresses the feeling I had reading your post.
: )
Uwe

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
A wise man once said "If the light sucks, your pictures will suck."

After a week of rain and heavy clouds, the sun actually appeared. There was light on the water, the fountain was lit up, I threw on clothes, grabbed the camera, ran outside and ... you guessed it - the light sucked. For the next few hours.

I know, I know, a real photographer sits hip-deep in the mud for three days waiting for the egret to stab that ... whatever fish egrets eat. Nevertheless, a not quite as wise man once said "new gear makes you a better photographer, because it gets you up off your butt to take more pictures."

The sun *did* come out once, but it wasn't anywhere nearby.
X2D, Mamiya 645 200/2.8 APO @f/8, 1/60 sec, ISO 64

This, BTW, is how NOT to shoot with the Electronic Shutter on the X2D. In case you were wondering...

Best,

Matt

lookbook

Nevertheless, a not quite as wise man once said "new gear makes you a better photographer, because it gets you up off your butt to take more pictures."
... the not so wise man was right!

and he thought to himself, how would it be if every now and then an image was made available in raw, in which others would participate with their interpretation of an image.
but then it would have to be made available in raw ...

that way, everyone could learn ...

baudolino

From yesterday's walk exploring old limestone quarries in the Leithagebirge hills, East of Vienna. In the foreground, the old but still functioning quarry that used to feed material to the historic "Baxa" kiln shown in the middle ground. In the background, you see the modern Holcim cement plant that is supplied from the much larger new quarry a few hundred meters to the right of where I was standing. As a novice IFC banker in the early 1990s, I spent a lot of time on privatisations of cement plants in Central Europe, so this view resonates with me for reasons other than purely pictorial. Shot on the IQ4150 back mounted on an XT camera, with a 70mm Rodenstock lens.

P0010254 1.jpg

Last edited: