The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Leica Picture Thread

pegelli

City Hall, Leiden NL ...
Nice photos of Leiden Bart, I visited several times when my father lived there the last 3 years of his life (2016-2018). I recognise those places well.
I see the photos were taken yesterday (good friday), did you go there to attend the Matthäus Passion in the Pieterskerk later in the day?

Knorp

Nice photos of Leiden Bart, I visited several times when my father lived there the last 3 years of his life (2016-2018). I recognise those places well.
I see the photos were taken yesterday (good friday), did you go there to attend the Matthäus Passion in the Pieterskerk later in the day?
Hi there Pieter,

well, the Matthäus-Passion could explain the crowded streets: I should have known.
But no, consider me a "cultuurbarbaar", so my visit to Leiden was not because of that concert.

All the best.

scho

I took this picture 6 years ago using a Leica M with 40/1.2 CV Nokton. Just reprocessed today, in part with Luminar Neo. Shot was taken while standing on the dock at Steamboat Landing on Cayuga Inlet. Very dramatic sky with occasional rapid temperature changes and thunder. One lone cormorant perched on a log in the inlet and about 16 migrating hawks high up in the sky with a lenticular looking cloud behind the birds.

Last edited: