The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

Restore old faded photos--remember Digital ROC?

An old friend posted an image on Facebook of himself with siblings and Dad and uncle. He is about 12 in the photo. I graduated from high school 69 years ago and have not seen him since. The image was color but has faded badly and the color is screwed up (different color layers I assume fade...
  2. G

Restore old faded photos---Remember Digital ROC?

An old friend posted an image on Facebook of himself with siblings and Dad and uncle. He is about 12 in the photo. I graduated from high school 69 years ago and have not seen him since. The image was color but has faded badly and the color is screwed up (different color layers I assume fade...
  3. G

MERRY CHRISTMAS

My wife and I have been married for 64 years, and I have made our own Christmas Cards every year, at first in my darkroom, and now digital. This old shack stood on the causeway onto Long Beach Island, NJ. It was famous for locals and vacationers because it meant "We are almost there!" It...
  4. G

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

My wife and I have been married for 64 years, and I have made our own Christmas Cards every year, at first in my darkroom, and now digital. This old shack stood on the causeway onto Long Beach Island, NJ. It was famous for locals and vacationers because it meant "We are almost there!" It...
  5. G

Fuji GF 32-64 lens and 35-70 lens comparison

If this has has been discussed here before, my apologies, please point me in the correct direction. I am an amateur, do seascapes hand held at f11~f 16, and heavily rely on IBIS. Any experience at different focal lengths? Non scientific, practical experience is OK. I use GFX 100S. Thanks in...
  6. G

PLEASE HELP! GFX 100S 2 days in rain.

Before you all scold me and kick my butt….my wife and I went out for Happy Hour Friday afternoon. I had numerous vinos, my wife of 64 years drove home. Now the bad news : when we got home it was beautiful from our deck, a sunset on the bay. I got out my GFX 100S AND 32~ 64mm lens (with UV...
  7. G

Epson7890 old ink questions

Hello folks. I am an 86 year Amateur that used to sell my framed seascape prints to feed the habit. I have not used my 7890 in quite a while as the Pandemic really screwed up my little side business (we live in a summer resort area). I have to make a big 24"x32" matted and framed print as a...
  8. G

Using Black & White filters for digital.

I have had a set of yellow, orange, and red filters for sale very cheap on ebay forever, it seems and no interest. Does anyone know what would happen if I put one of these filters on a digital camera, then selected B&W as a film emulation, process the RAW images then converted to B&W using...
  9. G

MERRY CHRISTMAS

My wife and I have been married for 63 years and we have made our own Christmas cards every year since. We still have a copy of each. Fun to get them out and reminisce. This year's card Fuji GFX 100S, 32-64mm lens. Merry Christmas to all! Dave in NJ
  10. G

MERRY CHRISTMAS

My wife and I have been married for 63 years and we have made our own Christmas cards every year since. We still have a copy of each. Fun to get them out and reminisce. This year's card Fuji GFX 100S, 32-64mm lens. Merry Christmas to all! Dave in NJ
  11. G

Merry Christmas

12. G

Four (4) Pentax 645 MF lenses for sale

I have 4 lightly used (I am 85 years old) Pentax Manual Focus lenses. Rather than drag them out and photograph them, I will list them here. If anyone is interested, I will follow up and take photos of them. The lenses are easy to adapt to various MF digital cameras. I now have a GFX 100S and the...
  13. G

Web site says "NOT SECURE" extra charge to add SSL

Hi all: Not sure where to post this. I have had the same web site provider for a long time. Today I added some new images to it. When I went to my site the pages said "NOT SECURE". I do not have the ability to sell prints via my site, so I do not accept credit cards. I did an "instant chat" with...
  14. G

Fuji GFX 100S -- How to apply Fuji Film Simulations when shooting RAW?

Hi folks. I have the camera set up to simulate Fujichrome and the image of sunsets in the camera viewfinder are spectacular with bright saturated colors. I shoot RAW and develop the images in DXO Photolab (great lens corrections). But of course the images lose the Fujichrome emulation. How can I...
  15. G

Fuji GFX 100S-where is body serial number?

I am updating my camera and lens list of serial numbers. The lens numbers are easy to find. Can anyone clue me in as to where the number is on the GFX 100S Body? Thanks....85 years old and not as sharp as I once was. Thanks in advance Dave in NJ www.modernpictorials.com
  16. G

GFX 100S--where is serial number?

I am updating my camera and lens list of serial numbers. The lens numbers are easy to find. Can anyone clue me in as to where the number is on the GFX 100S Body? Thanks....85 years old and not as sharp as I once was. Thanks in advance Dave in NJ www.modernpictorials.com
  17. G

Compressing Large Camera Files

Greetings all: I use a Fuji GFX 100S and Sony A7RIV. When I shoot raw, I select "Lossless Compressed" format. This keeps the raw files to a smaller size. When I develop them, and finalize them in Photoshop or similar application, when I save them as TIFFs, it asks if I want to compress as "LZW...
  18. G

Merry Christmas to all the Kind Folks here

My wife and I have made our own cards every year for 62 years. Originally we made 100 cards in my darkroom using Kodak 8" x 10" "Folding Weight" paper. When I switched to digital, I made color cards on my desktop Epson printer. Now I design the original and have Over Night Prints Company make us...
  19. G

Merry Christmas to the kind Folks Here

My wife and I have made our own cards every year for 62 years. Originally we made 100 cards in my darkroom using Kodak 8" x 10" "Folding Weight" paper. When I switched to digital, I made color cards on my desktop Epson printer. Now I design the original and have Over Night Prints Company make us...