The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. georgecleansman

Please advise the esteemed forum members which technical camera system I should invest in for landscape photography

Hello Dave, Thank you very much for your detailed explanations. I completely agree with your recommendations regarding the use of short barrel lenses and the +-5° tilt-swing adapter. Also the use of additional adapters for mounting behind the camera to maximise the shift possibilities and thus...
  2. georgecleansman

Please advise the esteemed forum members which technical camera system I should invest in for landscape photography

I'm still not sure which technical camera system I should buy. It's not easy for me. In my opinion, the IQ4 150 is currently the best back. I don't think a possible IQ5 will get a new sensor. Otherwise Sony would report on its roadmap in good time. It may be that Phase One wants to sell a new...
  3. georgecleansman

X shutter alternatives in the future?

Thanks for your comments Steve. I had for myself summarised the posts I red before. I have no experiences with technical cameras. The problem is that if you buy a X-shutter Rodenstock lens there is only the solution with the Phase One back, which is very expensive. The Hasselblad CFV-100c is...
  4. georgecleansman

X shutter alternatives in the future?

Can it be summarised as follows for someone interested in technical cameras? 1. There are Rodenstock lenses with X-shutter, but they only work with Phase One backs. 2. Phase one backs have nice features such as frame averaging, but have poor batteries, LCD displays and rarely receive software...
  5. georgecleansman

I am an old Hasselblad amateur photographer and have the medium format cameras H6D-100c and X2D-100c. I went to a wonderful photography workshop in Northern Norway with two photographers I really appreciate, Joe Cornish from the UK and Trym Ivar Bergsmo from Norway. This workshop sparked my...
  6. georgecleansman

Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens

Do any of the forum members on this topic think or expect that there will be an update of the Phase One XT with more shift than +/-12mm?
  7. georgecleansman

Fun with MF images 2023

sorry, Glencoe of course. Glencore is a company :)
  8. georgecleansman

Fun with MF images 2023

Glen Etive - Glencoe near "Sky Fall" location - H6D-100c with HCD 24mm - f/8
  9. georgecleansman

The king is dead...

H-System customers need not worry about the service of H-cameras and H-lenses in the future. Mr. Ulf Kühn, a very long time Hasselblad technician at the Hasselblad tradecenter in Ahrensburg near Hamburg in Germany repairs H and V equipment. He is also officially authorized by Hasselblad Sweden...
  10. georgecleansman

Please help convince me to keep my IQ4150...or not

I don't have Phase One equipment, but I like to answer this way: I will always keep my Hasselblad H6D-100c because of the image quality with the color reproduction I appreciate and will never sell it. I think the heavier cameras are best for deliberate photography as you use them on a tripod. I...
  11. georgecleansman

Fun with MF images 2023

Scotland - Glencoe - Rannoch Moor - Hasselblad H6D-100c with HCD 24mm
  12. georgecleansman

xcd 38 experiences, and compared to 30 and 45

Weight Leica SL2 + Apo-Summicron SL 2/35 = 835g + 750g = 1.585g Weight Hasselblad X2D-100c + XCD 2,5/38V = 890g + 350g = 1.240g The Hasselblad X2D-100c has a better handling. The colors are better and the sensor is bigger. The Apo SL-Line from Leica is better in optics but in the whole result...
  13. georgecleansman

Future of Hassy- Bleak or Bright?

I can say that I am extremely satisfied with my Hasselblad H6D-100c and the excellent color quality. Anyone who has shot with an H6D-100c will appreciate the camera's good action and reliability. I don't need an IBIS on the H camera because it's well balanced and weighs around 1.6kg. I think...
  14. georgecleansman

Future of Hassy- Bleak or Bright?

I am waiting for a new H7D - that's all!
  15. georgecleansman

Fun with MF images 2022

Please do you have also an image without your typical light stripes ?
  16. georgecleansman

Hasselblad H future...

The question is, if there is still a market for a possible new HD7 camera with 150 MP. The image quality of the HD6-100c is excellent. The lenses designed by Hasselblad and manufactured by Fuji are also very good. Sure Phase One has in the XF camera more features. But what does a user really need?
  17. georgecleansman

Hasselblad vs GFX system

I love my H6D-100c because of the best colors I had ever seen ;)
  18. georgecleansman

Raw histograms and raw converters

This is a very important aspect to get best image quality. The right exposure has to be done on location and I guess that the histogram of many cameras is based on a jpg conversion image and don't show us no RAW data.
  19. georgecleansman

Hasselblad: Phocus Or Lightroom

1. First use Phocus for best colors 2. Export 16bit psd-file to Photoshop for more corrections 3. Print with Photoshop