The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Situated about 250km north of Melbourne's CBD, Picola these days is a pretty small and quiet place. It's situated in the midst of Victoria's prime agricultural land and was once quite a hive of human activity. Grain was moved with lots of manual labour onto trains and there were other related industries in the place. These days, the railway has gone; the siloes were built with trucks in mind, which requires much less human intervention. The population has shrunk markedly and it's only the flow of trucks that reminds you that there's still a lot produced around here.

A string of grain siloes across Australia these days have become 'silo art' and they provide a really beautiful and interesting perspective - especially by night. This one was painted in 2020 by Jimmy DVate and depicts the flora and fauna that's present in the nearby Barmah Forest - most obviously the superb parrot (yes, that's its name)...

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ 28mm

P.S. I had driven to the area from Sydney - about 20 hours behind the wheel all-up. But this picture wasn't why I was there - it was to produce another picture which I can't share just yet, but will in a few months' time (he said enigmatically!).

Ed Hurst

Beautiful shot! I would love to go to Scotland someday.
You'd certainly not regret it. I lived there for 5 years, not to mention holidays dating back to childhood. Whatever the weather, it's an amazing place that captivates the soul. Missing Scotland is one of the worst things I experience by living (as I now do) in Australia.

Greg Haag

You'd certainly not regret it. I lived there for 5 years, not to mention holidays dating back to childhood. Whatever the weather, it's an amazing place that captivates the soul. Missing Scotland is one of the worst things I experience by living (as I now do) in Australia.
It looks so beautiful Ed! I am surprised how often I see a captivating image and it turns out to be from Scotland.

Greg Haag

Spring Bloom by John Ngai, on Flickr
X2D | XCD 21 | f/16 | 1/80s | ISO 800​

I went out with some friends this morning in search of spring flowers and found this lovely patch or purple, white and orange underneath an old oak tree.

John
John, I am so glad you got out to photograph the super bloom! I have never been so tempted for a spontaneous trip west, but just could not work out the details.

• Thanks
Reactions: jng
Status
Not open for further replies.