The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Do I need to keep LCC files after applying them in C1?

peterm1

I recently started using a Cambo tech cam set up with the IQ3 100 and love the results, although I am still getting used to the process. I am shooting LCC files and applying them in C1, and set up user presets for my most commonly used ones (although I still take new ones when I go out on a shoot, especially when shifting). My question is: once I apply the LCC to the applicable files in C1, and am happy with the results, do I really need to keep those LCC files? Otherwise they are going to clutter up my system. I should note that this is for my personal fine art photography, not for paying client jobs. Thanks!

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I was empted to delete the LCCs ones I'd made presets, but my dealer said best not to. This is because apparently Capture One improves the processing of LCCs as time goes by and I perhaps C1 21 may include such enhancements.