The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fat pixel digital backs

buildbot

No! Paula at Linhof sold it to me :) Its a Silvestry made. I bought another one from an ebay seller, so if you have ETRS you are welcome to borrow.
Regards.
Oh that makes sense, I for some reason assumed the p25 was m645 mount vs hasselblad v :)

I only have M mount backs, thank you though! Working on my own adapter for those, though my real job has been taking all of time my lately :LOL:

Reactions: B L

anyone

by Nokton48, on Flickr

I've wanted this CFV16 Hasselblad Digital Back for over twenty years. This one came along at a decent price and now it's mine.
Fat Pixels and Beautiful Colors, this is a coveted Hasselblad item. And it matches up perfectly to my 500C/M and 500 EL/M bodies. Kinda like shooting Kodachrome.
Congratulations! I really liked my P20+ back with the same sensor back in the days, and even it is "just" 16megapixels, you'll realize that the images scale very well. I made some large prints and you couldn't tell the lack of resolution.

Nokton48

One thing I don't have coming, is the original accessorries. What do you Guys think I should try to find? I have a case, charger, battery. I found a firewire 800-400 which they reference, and also a Hasselblad Exposure Cable EL (at B&H), which I think I will need to use this with my 500EL/M Body. I also own the 25th Anniversary Model 500C/M, numbered and signed by Dr. Hasselblad. I've received also, from Italy, some drop in 3d printed Masks for the CFV16 format. They work well I like them, I've ordered another set for my other Hassy camera.

Anything else I should start searching for? What about the CD that came with it, and the Phocus CD? Can I find those somewhere, should I have them?
Do I need a Battery Adapter for my EL/M, they are 'spensive....

Nokton48

CFV16 500CM 100mm Planar ISO 200 by Nokton48, on Flickr

First test of new to me Hasselblad CFV16 Digital Back, 25th Anniversary 500C/M, 100mm T* Planar, EI 200, right out of the box. They are right, it is super easy to use right out of the gate. Ordering some CF Cards, Batteries, a better charger, and will need the EL Cable coming from B&H, what I have is not the right one for my 500 EL/M. When that arrives I will be good to go using either camera. This is a new type of photography to me.

B L

CFV16 500CM 100mm Planar ISO 200 by Nokton48, on Flickr

First test of new to me Hasselblad CFV16 Digital Back, 25th Anniversary 500C/M, 100mm T* Planar, EI 200, right out of the box. They are right, it is super easy to use right out of the gate. Ordering some CF Cards, Batteries, a better charger, and will need the EL Cable coming from B&H, what I have is not the right one for my 500 EL/M. When that arrives I will be good to go using either camera. This is a new type of photography to me.
Congratulations. Instead of using CF card,why not use CF to micro sd adapter,it is handy as you dont have to eject and insert CF adapter, One like this one>>>>

Nokton48

Last edited:

Nokton48

CFV16 ELM 80 T Star Pulso Beauty Light HoneyGrids 10 deg 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I am playing around with my digital CFV16 Hasselblad Back on my motorized EL/M Body, with 80mm Planar at minimum focus distance. Got a Pulso Beauty Light with a HoneyGrids Ten Degree Grid Attachment straight down. A mirror just off camera right to add some kick light. Love shooting digitally with the EL/M it's very fluid and user friendly in every way so far. Printed out the instruction book it covers a lot. Loving that the CFV16 Back works so well with my Big Broncolor Lights.

Nokton48

ELM CFV16 Digital Back 50mm Dist Ready To Roll by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I've got my Hasselblad EL/M Body playing nicely with my new Hasselblad CFV16 Digital Back. I am finding that I prefer the Standard Central Cross Screen, with a drop-in mask 3D printed in Italy. Easiest to see sharp focus across the entire field using these. I sold off my black T* Distagon years ago, now I have a nice one back in the fold, a 50mm Hood is coming ina few days. Batteries and CF Cards sorted, I have plenty. My olde CDS Meter works great with the CFV16, reads out directly in EV's, which was the idea with the olde lenses. Running the CDS Meter on an MR9 and 386 power combo, it seems to be TTL accurate with the CFV16. This is going to be great FUN, I'm sure I'll be using my Blads more with this fat pixel back. If I like something I might even shoot it on 120 film as a choice! The Rubber Eyecup is from the Kiev 60 Meter Prism, I gathered up a bunch of them, back in my Wedding Daze.

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
New to me Hasselblad CFV16 Digital back by Nokton48, on Flickr

I've wanted this CFV16 Hasselblad Digital Back for over twenty years. This one came along at a decent price and now it's mine.
Fat Pixels and Beautiful Colors, this is a coveted Hasselblad item. And it matches up perfectly to my 500C/M and 500 EL/M bodies. Kinda like shooting Kodachrome.
I envy you for that CFV16 back . I owned one , loved it , but traded it later in for a CFV39 . Today , I think , that was a mistake , but can not undo that .

Nokton48

I envy you for that CFV16 back . I owned one , loved it , but traded it later in for a CFV39 . Today , I think , that was a mistake , but can not undo that .
Thanks for that Jurgen! I'm really having FUN shooting with this. In fact I'm filling in some holes in terms of my vintage "V" black lenses, just got nice 50 T*, 150 T*, and 500 Opton Oberkochen. All used but not abused. I'm on the fence about getting the 250mm F5.6 T*, eventually I will probably not resist. The 250mm f5.6 Achromat is out of my reach. Amazing how these great olde lenses are not that expensive, except for the Achromat.