The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Phase One IQ3 100

gerald.d

I can't imagine this still being available as the 3100 is such an outstanding DB and will be so many years from now. There really is no sense giving away this wonderful back which is close to brand new.

Best.......

Victor
Thanks Victor - couldn't agree more. At the end of the day if there isn't really a viable market for these at a price I'm willing to let it go for, then I'm sure I will be able to find a use for it in the future.

Hmm... I wonder what it would cost to have it converted to an Achromatic...

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Pemihan

Hmm... I wonder what it would cost to have it converted to an Achromatic...
The IQ3 100 Achromatic is the best best back I have ever used for B&W period! I have absolutely no desire to upgrade. Go for it Gerald, I'm sure CI or others can arrange for a swap or something ;-)

gerald.d

The IQ3 100 Achromatic is the best best back I have ever used for B&W period! I have absolutely no desire to upgrade. Go for it Gerald, I'm sure CI or others can arrange for a swap or something ;-)
Just in case any others were wondering about this, a conversion is not possible. They can only do an up/crossgrade for 9,000 Euros.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

tcdeveau

What are IQ3100 Achromatics running used for anyway?
Not many data points on the used market. There was one that sold on eBay with ~200 exposures and a couple years left on the warranty for ~16k on eBay 2-3 weeks ago in the US. There’s another for sale for ~30k with make an offer that has sat for weeks.

Not sure what they’re running from dealers currently though. I’m hoping to pick up an achromatic back at some point myself.

vjbelle

Hope it all ends well for you. The buyer is getting a great back at a great price. Must be a little bitter sweet but sometimes financial decisions are.

Victor