The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

AlanS

Thanks very much Carl. Yes I am quite pleased with this one, I have been experimenting a little with my b&w processing lately and feel it is coming together nicely. I do like front to back sharpness and detail for some shots but also like shallow dof to show emphasis on some subjects. Isn't choice wonderful?

biglouis

This photo came up in my 'Facebook Memories' panel today, which I originally posted this day back in 2011. At that time I was shooting with the Panasonic GH-2 and for this photograph the superb (imho) Panasonic Leica 45mmf2.8 macro. This was taken at f3.2 which was a sweet spot for that lens. One thing I never understood was the argument that with m43rds you could not achieve the same bokeh as with a full frame camera. Looks like a lot of bokeh to me.
_1040498-Edit.jpg

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This photo came up in my 'Facebook Memories' panel today, which I originally posted this day back in 2011. At that time I was shooting with the Panasonic GH-2 and for this photograph the superb (imho) Panasonic Leica 45mmf2.8 macro. This was taken at f3.2 which was a sweet spot for that lens. One thing I never understood was the argument that with m43rds you could not achieve the same bokeh as with a full frame camera. Looks like a lot of bokeh to me.
View attachment 205078
Beautiful photo. The PL 45mm macro is one of my favourite lenses, and one that is always in my bag. Pure magic.

biglouis

Beautiful photo. The PL 45mm macro is one of my favourite lenses, and one that is always in my bag. Pure magic.
I never had any issue with m43rds for my pro work. It only let me down over wildlife photography (and to be fair that was because of Panasonic's useless DFD system for anything that moves). The 20mm summicron (a complete rip off thank goodness) is one of the best lenses I ever used and I still maintain the Oly7-14PRO the best UWA I used. The other big issue was noise levels above iso1600 but I assume in this day and age with Topaz and DxO that it is now easier to cope with.