The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

darr

Cool building! How do you like shooting a 6x12 back on a 4x5? I thought this could be a decent way to shoot panoramic with 120 film. Obviously movements were helpful in achieving this shot.
I like it a lot. I used a 6x12 back with a Cambo Wide 650 for a few years but wanted to return to an Ebony RSW for lens flexibility and to lighten the load. With many more 120 films available over 4x5 film these days and liking a pano frame, shooting a 6x12 back works well for me.

The use of rise in the Apalachicola Ice Co. shot was necessary as my back was up against a wall, and the area was busy with cars and people. No need for tilt as I focused on the painted name signage @ f/16. With my camera levels balanced, the crookedness of the old building and street was so evident on the grid of the ground glass I knew: 'just take it' and hope for the best. Thank you for your comment.

Best,
Darr

Nokton48

180mm f5.6 GX680 Peco Jr Makina 6.5x9cm PanF+ D23 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing long rail Plaubel Peco Junior with Fuji GX680 180mm f5.6 Yellow Filter Ilford PanF+ Plaubel Makina Film Back. D23 1:1 JOBO Multitank 6 Etone Tank Roller, Omega DII Omegalite 180mm black Rodagon laser aligned. Arista #2 RC paper Dektol 1:2. I like this new Plaubel Mini-Me View Camera. It is FUN to use; the homemade Makina rotating Viewfinder works great; I can see the camera movements, focus or not focus, on the tiny screen. This lens passes it's initial test

Nokton48

Shell Peco Jr 180mm f5.6 Fuji GX680 PanF+ D23 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Junior 180mm F5.6 Fuji GX680 Ilford PanF+ Plaubekl Makina Film Back D23 1:1 JOBO Multitank6 Etone Tank Roller Omega DII 180mm black Rodagon laser aligned Arista #2 RC Dektol 1:2. Broncolor C200 Monolight Broncolor Octobox 150 Foamcore Fill Panel. Tim Layton digital background (printed at Sam's Club) on FOBA Sweep Table. Used a lot of camera movements to get the tines sharp as was possible.

gurtch

This image only partially qualifies. Original capture with Pentax 645 and Kodak Portra 400. I just got my Nikon Coolscan 8000 film scanner repaired and added these wonderful film holders by Stephan Scharf in Germany. The sky was digital capture and added. . Sorry if this does not belong here. I really enjoy looking at this forum, reminds me of my many years of dark room work. I dug out some old B&W images recently (35mm, 645, 6x6, and 6x7). I will be scanning some old images from the 1970s and will share here.
Dave in NJ

Attachments

dave.gt

This image only partially qualifies. Original capture with Pentax 645 and Kodak Portra 400. I just got my Nikon Coolscan 8000 film scanner repaired and added these wonderful film holders by Stephan Scharf in Germany. The sky was digital capture and added. . Sorry if this does not belong here. I really enjoy looking at this forum, reminds me of my many years of dark room work. I dug out some old B&W images recently (35mm, 645, 6x6, and 6x7). I will be scanning some old images from the 1970s and will share here.
Dave in NJ

dave.gt

Hi, Dave,

It’s good to see your keen interest in film, and your always beautiful work.😃

Looking forward to seeing your older BW images!!!👍👍👍

gurtch

Thanks Dave GT. Just looking at the notebook I used to catalogue the negatives gave me a rush. In addition to my seascape negs are rolls of film of our three boys growing up, along with their activities.
Best regards
Dave G

dave.gt

Thanks Dave GT. Just looking at the notebook I used to catalogue the negatives gave me a rush. In addition to my seascape negs are rolls of film of our three boys growing up, along with their activities.
Best regards
Dave G
Wow!!! What a treasure!👍👍👍

Very cool!😎

gurtch

My Coolscan 8000 was repaired, and I purchased the WONDERFUL film holder system from Stephan Scharf in Germany. Here is a composit: Shack image Pentax 645 with Portra 400, sky digital capture with Fuji GFX 50R. Really fun revisiting old negatives. I am now looking at a shoebox full (negs all numbered and in glassein envelopes), go back to the 1970s. The Causeway Shack was a landmark which meant you were ALMOST to LBI. It slowly deteriorated then Hurricane Sandy finished it. I have an entire page devoted to shack images on my web site, and good images are in demand for those that will never forget it, and for those that never saw it.
Thanks for looking.
Dave Long Beach Island, NJ

Attachments

dchew

Hasselblad 501cm + CFi 120/4 + Tri-X/Pyro 510​
This was one of those great times when I am quickly scrolling through a thread and an image stops me. Before I notice whose it is, I think, “that looks like one of [darr’s]. Sure enough…

I love when I recognize someone’s style. Beautiful image, Darr.
Dave

darr

This was one of those great times when I am quickly scrolling through a thread and an image stops me. Before I notice whose it is, I think, “that looks like one of [darr’s]. Sure enough…

I love when I recognize someone’s style. Beautiful image, Darr.
Dave
Thanks Dave!

mristuccia

Berlin... and a strange cloud formation (maybe it's simply a light leak on my film back 😅).
Every time I pass by this viewpoint, I'm always captured by the combination of the many road signs and lamp posts piled up so closely to each other.

Hasselblad 503CW - Planar 80 C T* - Ilford FP4 plus - Pyro 510 developer - Imacon FlextIght 848 scanner - Hand-held.

20230422_BERLIN_Around-Hassy-FP4plus_R02_F11_framed_black.jpg

Last edited:

gurtch

Wow!!! What a treasure!👍👍👍

Very cool!😎
Not Medium format this time but 35mm Kodal Gold 200, scanned with my recently repaired Coolscan 8000. Another Composit: sky digital capture. No clue what 35mm camera I was using back in 1996.
Thanks for looking. I promise next post here will be from medium format B&W film from early 1970's
Dave G.

Attachments

Nokton48

Testing Studio Lighting 350mm f.56 Tele Tessar ELM by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing some olde Broncolor strobe lighting. Hasselblad 500EL/M, 350mm f5.6 Non-T* Tele-Tessar, Ilford FP4+ 120, Omega DII laser aligned with Omegalite, 180mm black Rodagon, 8x10 Arista #2 RC Multigrade developer. 18mm Hasselblad Extension Tube brought the 350mm lens into focus at this close distance. Canvas Background painted by Artist James Bright. Broncolor C171 Monolight with Universal Beauty Light Head.