The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Nokton48

SONY DSC by Nokton48, on Flickr

My collection of Plaubel Makiflex Film Backs. Here also is the highly desired Plaubel Makiflex Graphic Graflock Film Back, with the Graflock Clips. BTW all these holders are loaded with film ready to go. And one is 9x12 glass plate. As you can see the most plentiful back is the Plaubel Makina Double Rail Back. The 6.5x9cm film plate holders are fun to shoot, but are heavy to carry around. Good thing they came out with roll film
grinning face with smiling eyes
European shoppes sell the planfilm

BTW these Backs fit the three Plaubel Makiflexes shown above ^^^

Last edited:

Nokton48

Hi Knorp,
Those are accessory film backs for the Plaubel Makiflex cameras seen above ^^^. It has been fun to collect the bits and pieces over the years and I have been using all of them

Grayhand

I take the liberty of posting this photo from my old Xpan here. Its negatives are wider than the negatives of my 903SWC!
45mm / Portra
Nice camera, but limiting! I actually makes more panoramas with my 903SWC. Gives me much more freedom!
And, Yes I know all the advices about limiting your system. But I don´t feel any need to limmit my self.
I bought it cheap long time ago, so I trade it for a Leica M6 from a young man who who was dreaming of a Xpan :sneaky:

Ray

anyone

The XPAN is a dream camera, but it got too expensive for me. Maybe one day there will be an opportunity to get one for a reasonable price ... but I doubt it.

Grayhand

Don't get me wrong; it is a very nice camera!
And I am glad that I have used it. But after some time, I realized it was not for me.
One worry was its aging electronics; when kaput, then there is no service to be had.
Suddenly you own an expensive brick. But you can, of course use the lens with an adapter.
I used mine together with the Fuji GFX50r, works well!

If I hypothetically should buy another one, then it would be an Xpan ll
But those prices...

darr

Ebony RSW45 + Nikon Nikkor-SW 90/4.5 + DA YI 6x12 + Acros II/510 Pyro
--

There is nothing straight or square about this building or street!

Located in Apalachicola's Historic Bowry District in the Florida Panhandle. It was, in recent times, a 21-and-up live music bar but did not survive the pandemic. The bar's name pays tribute to the historic Apalachicola Ice Company, founded in 1885, which was the first manufacturing plant in Apalachicola to use the principles discovered by the inventor of the ice machine, the local Dr. John Gorrie.

Last edited:

ggibson

Ebony RSW45 + Nikon Nikkor-SW 90/4.5 + DA YI 6x12 + Acros II/510 Pyro
--

There is nothing straight or square about this building or street!

Located in Apalachicola's Historic Bowry District in the Florida Panhandle. It was, in recent times, a 21-and-up live music bar but did not survive the pandemic. The bar's name pays tribute to the historic Apalachicola Ice Company, founded in 1885, which was the first manufacturing plant in Apalachicola to use the principles discovered by the inventor of the ice machine, the local Dr. John Gorrie.
Cool building! How do you like shooting a 6x12 back on a 4x5? I thought this could be a decent way to shoot panoramic with 120 film. Obviously movements were helpful in achieving this shot.