The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

JoelM

Love the Lotus. Was hoping of getting an Evora GT someday, but am happy with my Exige S240 for now. I'll have to take some MF pics of it.
Joel

P. Chong

Photographed recently on a short trip to Malacca, a heritage town (designated a World Heritage Site). This is my room at the Majestic Hotel. The decor is what is known as Peranakan - a melding of Chinese with Malay and influenced by the early European colonials - with Portugese, Dutch and English accents. Photographed with the Mamiya RB 67 ProSD with Sekor C 50mm/f4.5. Film stock is Kodak Gold 200.

majestic-room-903.jpg

More photographs here.

I will also be posting more photographs from this trip over the next few days. I only brought the Mamiya for the trip. Its a huge camera, and can be quite unwieldy to use in the field, and most of the photographs were taken hand held.

dave.gt

Photographed recently on a short trip to Malacca, a heritage town (designated a World Heritage Site). This is my room at the Majestic Hotel. The decor is what is known as Peranakan - a melding of Chinese with Malay and influenced by the early European colonials - with Portugese, Dutch and English accents. Photographed with the Mamiya RB 67 ProSD with Sekor C 50mm/f4.5. Film stock is Kodak Gold 200.

View attachment 195151

More photographs here.

I will also be posting more photographs from this trip over the next few days. I only brought the Mamiya for the trip. Its a huge camera, and can be quite unwieldy to use in the field, and most of the photographs were taken hand held.
Kodak 200!
I am just about ready to order a lot of that! It has been years and if the results are half as good as your image here, I will be delighted!

P. Chong

Another photograph from the same trip to Malacca. This one is shot with Fujicolor 400H. I could use a few mm of front rise to get the whole roof in frame. But not wanting to tilt the RB 67 ProSD up, I had to cut it off. This is a traditional Malay house, on stilts. The entire house is made of timber, but interestingly the staircase leading up to the main door is in cement/concrete. This style of house is typical of the Malaysian peninsula. The raised floor allows for air circulation as well as to get away from the creepy crawlies like insects, snakes.

old-house.jpg

dave.gt

Now I have joined the Blad club, with bits and pieces, now relatively affordable.

Franken-Blad, ie 553ELX with Chimney finder.

Film, Agfa APX 100, expired 2005, dev in Rodinal 1:100 today.

Lens 50mm f4 CZ, Scanner Plustek Opticfilm 120
Blad to the Bone!!!:):):)

MartinN

BTW, when going from 645 to bigger format, I said to myself:
I will use a tripod. And I will use mirror lockup.
Repeated three times.

drevil

Staff member
as the books and exhibition section doesnt get that much attention, i will do a bit of a cross post here.

i am biased, yes, but my friend alex is a great photographer, so i have to promote him :)

Last edited:

fjablo

as the books and exhibition section doesnt get that much attention, i will do a bit of a cross post here.

i am biased, yes, but my friend alex is a great photographer, so i have to promote him :)

Very nice images, thanks for sharing! Added a pledge for a copy of the book and hope the funding will be successful :)

MartinN

Long exposure problems with my ELX. My RED filter eats 3 stops and the APX100 expired 2005 need ISO50 base exposure.

Some were successful. HB ELX, CZ 50mm f4

A few years old turfmaze (scandinavian)

Brand new bridge

Here used to be a house for the old bridge-personnel and later the sea-rescue.