The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Fun with MF images 2021

P. Chong

Queuing is a national passtime in Singapore. Together with eating and shopping. The natural instinct when seeing a queue is to join it...there might be something nice at the other end...that's why people are queuing. Sometimes, people join the queue without knowing what they are queuing for. Not this line though. They are queuing to get into a popular restaurant serving Hong Kong style Cha Chan Teng (somewhat like a bistro rather than a full restaurant). Photographed about mid-day.

Trying to see in BW using the Acros film simulation in the Fujifilm GFX 100S. Lens is the GF 50/f3.5, which I find to be super versatile. Also trying out the X-Pan pano mode. All done in-camera with jpeg.

sogood.jpg

At another coffee shop, nearby.

stall1.jpg

stall3.jpg

Last edited:

spb

Hotel Gutsch in Luzern as seen from the river in town. First shot with a GF 100-200mm. ISO 160, F 5.6, 1/500th, at 200mm.

Has NOT happened to me before but I put the lens on in the shop, took about 6 images in a row quickly, and the camera froze, only to be freed by removal of battery and replacing thereof. Single shots no problem and I find the lens very comfortable to use, no issues with F5.6 minimum.Mar 20 2021_SPB00219.jpg

algrove

Greg
A shame to get that beautiful dress wet with salt water. Nevertheless, very good and original. Death Valley dunes is another great place for fashion work.

Greg Haag

Greg
A shame to get that beautiful dress wet with salt water. Nevertheless, very good and original. Death Valley dunes is another great place for fashion work.
Thank you Lou, we did shoot an image in Death Valley, she wanted to do a shot for her grandmother honoring her Indian heritage. I will try to find that and post later today.

Greg Haag

Lou, I have only tried 2. The first was photoshop and I honestly I preferred the results I got by manually blending. The second, and the one I prefer is HeliconFocus. On a scale of 1 to 10 on my ability to focus stack, I consider myself at about a 4. This is an area I really need to spend more time.

drevil

Weekly Wall Madness

A temporary lock down, was lifted in Beijing, due to the 2 sessions meeting of the party and the covid cases in the Hebei area have fallen drastically, thus my group and i were able to leave Beijing again to go to one of my favorite sections north west of Beijing.
We were met with fierce winds, my tripod was thrown over by the wind during preparations, luckily without the camera yet.
later i have done a 5 minute (2 pics a sec) time lapse and i had to hold the tripod the whole time while the wind blasted on me.

The up side of the wind? beautiful weather, we had smoggy days for many weeks. And to our surprise the snow from the middle of last week was still laying in the outskirts of beijing.

here is the time lapse, unfortunately i wasn't able to make it 100% vibration free.
http://instagr.am/p/CMr6JMUoKZq/