The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Narrabeen Lake, in Sydney's Northern Beaches, is surrounded by hills, making one feel there should, somewhere, be a grandstand view. These days, it's quite hard to get a clear perspective from any of the hills due to the uncontrolled growth of vegetation. It's been an obsession of mine to find vantage points before these too vanish...

Anyway, here's a shot taken from one of these spots - it's tucked away, not too far from my home. Many people in the area would have no idea that this view is even there. You have to strike off at just the right place into apparently impenetrable undergrowth and scrabble up a precipitous hill. Even when you get there, there's an electricity line that's kinda in the way and has to be edited out. More concerningly, it's only by setting the tripod up very high that I could just see over the trees below. Give it a year or two, and I suspect this vantage point too will have gone.

Anyhow, here it is - taken on an evening when the post-sunset sky had a mauve glow to it, which I rather like.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ 100mm

stngoldberg

Quite a bit of conversation between the Rodie 40mm and the Rodie 32mm lenses on a technical camera.
While the 32mm is heavy and more expensive, consider the magnificent contrast that this lens yields.
This image is a three image capture shifted ten degrees left and right on the 32mm Rodenstock44 x26 founders hall-1.jpg
Stanley

drunkenspyder

Quite a bit of conversation between the Rodie 40mm and the Rodie 32mm lenses on a technical camera.
While the 32mm is heavy and more expensive, consider the magnificent contrast that this lens yields.
This image is a three image capture shifted ten degrees left and right on the 32mm Rodenstock
Stanley
That is very nice. I love the 32. Big & heavy, yes, but wonderful fidelity.

Status
Not open for further replies.