The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Situated north of Sydney, NSW, the Hawkesbury River flows about 75 miles before reaching the sea near Broken Bay. It's a beautiful waterway that has long presented a barrier to journeys north from Sydney. Back when the railways were the main way to move people and goods about the country, a bridge was built here in 1889. That first structure always had issues, and in the 1930s it was found to have severe cracking. Work to replace it with the current structure began in 1939 but it was delayed by the Second World War and didn't open until 1946. It's a remarkable and beautiful thing that still carries the main line north...

Here it's seen from Kangaroo Point, coincidentally next to the old road bridge (which featured in a picture I took in 2020). The light trails of passing trains help the structure to stand out in the scene, which was lit by the moon.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 90mm DFA lens.

P. Chong

Good fun photographing this watch. The IWC Portugieser Minute Repeater. A rather special piece, This one is from circa 2007, and property of a gentleman. This is a properly used watch an not a safe queen. Note the rose gold case has developed a beautiful (to me) patina, giving the watch character. I photographed it for a publication project. Fujifilm GFX 50S II with Hasselblad HC 4/120 Macro and H Adapter G. Profoto strobes.

iwc-5240-dial2-2560.jpg

Ed Hurst

Lovely pictures, Ed !

given the names of those plants, I was wondering whether chinese capital is somehow involved in those plants ?

C U,
Rafael
Thanks, Rafael. Glad you like them!

I believe that the origins of the name Loy Yang actually have nothing whatever to do with China, the power station or its ownership. Although scholars disagree on the exact etymological roots, there seems to be consensus that the origins are in one of the indigenous Australian languages of the area (Braiakalung) - with the name meaning something like 'Big Eel' after the large Conger eels that were once plentiful in a nearby river.

Last edited:

Greg Haag

Working my way thru some images from a trip out west with my oldest daughter to Death Valley and the Oregon Coast. I had just planned on Death Valley, but she wanted to see the Oregon Coast, so we did (7,000 miles round trip). The was our furtherest point from home, Ecola State Park looking south toward Cannon Beach.

Leica S007 120mm 3 image stitch

Oregon Coast-2.jpg

Last edited:

huyu

Working my way thru some images from a trip out west with my oldest daughter to Death Valley and the Oregon Coast. I had just planned on Death Valley, but she wanted to see the Oregon Coast, so we did (7,000 miles round trip). The was our furtherest point from home, Ecola State Park looking south toward Cannon Beach.

Leica S007 120mm 3 image stitch

View attachment 192095
remember seeing this once, still love the mood & tone in this 🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.