The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

Pieter 12

I have been working around this frame for some time now, trying to master the chaos of colors and signals that populate it. Did not find the clue yet. Still, this view fascinates me every time I look at it. I will work on it further, trying to put Stephen Shore's teachings about "Solving Images" into practice (not easy!).

View attachment 213775

Cambo WDS - CFV-50c - CF 180 - 7mm rise
I know you may not be asking for opinions, but I would try just focusing on the blue wall and the blue signs, lose the buildings in the background.

mristuccia

I know you may not be asking for opinions, but I would try just focusing on the blue wall and the blue signs, lose the buildings in the background.
I may try, and usually I'm a minimalist. But in this case the idea was to work purposely with a complex, crowded scene.

Ed Hurst

Tumulla Bank in the NSW Central West has always presented a serious challenge to trains going west. A long, twisting 1:40 gradient. Cold, moist conditions in the winter. Just what fans of steam want to see!

Here we see Garratt no. 6029 doing battle with the grade on a moody morning.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ circa 75mm.

Garratt 6029 is digging in on the 1:40 of Tumulla Bank on a moody winter's morning by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Last edited:

darr

Makes me hungry. Good custard is hard to find where I live. I grew up in Milwaukee and we had the best. Lovely processing here!
Joel
Joel,
Their orange sherbert and vanilla ice cream twist was delicious!
The image was made a week ago in Mays Landing, NJ.
Thank you for liking it!!

Darr