The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

mristuccia

I know you may not be asking for opinions, but I would try just focusing on the blue wall and the blue signs, lose the buildings in the background.
I may try, and usually I'm a minimalist. But in this case the idea was to work purposely with a complex, crowded scene.

Ed Hurst

Tumulla Bank in the NSW Central West has always presented a serious challenge to trains going west. A long, twisting 1:40 gradient. Cold, moist conditions in the winter. Just what fans of steam want to see!

Here we see Garratt no. 6029 doing battle with the grade on a moody morning.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ circa 75mm.

Garratt 6029 is digging in on the 1:40 of Tumulla Bank on a moody winter's morning by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Last edited:

darr

Makes me hungry. Good custard is hard to find where I live. I grew up in Milwaukee and we had the best. Lovely processing here!
Joel
Joel,
Their orange sherbert and vanilla ice cream twist was delicious!
The image was made a week ago in Mays Landing, NJ.
Thank you for liking it!!

Darr

John Leathwick

I hesitated to put this astro image up as it is well and truly outside the normal square for this thread. On the other hand, it demonstrates the capability of medium format in this space. I took it when I had opportunity to stay overnight at a dark-sky location in inland Canterbury, and decided to take my star tracker and test how my new-to-me GFX 100S would perform on a deep space target. This was taken with a Mamiya RZ Apo Sekor 210/4.5, which I find adapts very well for astro. What surprised me here was that I had opened the aperture up fully to focus but then failed to stop it down to my usual F/5.6 before taking a sequence of shots - so this is shot wide open. The image is a composite of 20 60-second images shot at ISO 640, processed in PixInsight with final adjustment in PS. The target is the Large Magellanic Cloud (LMC) a satellite galaxy of the Milky Way, so called because Magellan was the first European to venture south of the equator in 1519, bringing the attention of the LMC to western astronomers, although it was well known to many southern hemisphere cultures. Apologies to you northerners - you will have to come south to see it. Here in NZ, it is clearly visible with the naked eye.

-John

LMC Hororata.jpg