The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internaut

A little early evening and golden hour fun.

First off.... Because sometimes light that appears to be poor is really good (just have to see a possibility, and get the exposure right, and have a good muck about in Lightroom).

Salford Quays Early Evening. #3
by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

And then a proper golden hour on top of what had been a rainy day.

Salford Quays Golden Hour #1

For the nerds..... The central highlight in the above photo was so impossibly bright, I ended up under exposing by three stops behind the camera and moving the Lightroom exposure slider by 4 (so probably the equivalent of ISO 1600). More an academic exercise, but adding the A7II to my Olympus kit has altered my shooting envelope.

And finally a couple of shots of Imperial War Museum North.

IWM North Golden Hour

IWM North Golden Hour #2

Barry Haines

Had some sun at long last, so I took a walk this afternoon across the beautiful Lanhydrock estate.
A7RII + The excellent Voigtlander 65mm Macro Apo-Lanthar, please click on 100% full size link below.

Barry Haines

You seem to be enjoying your new lens Barry :)
Thanks Alan...You noticed ;-) LOL
Put simply it's by far the best Voigtlander lens that I have ever owned...The lens is stunning to my eyes!
They really need to make this in other mounts for others to experience the joy.
Just take a look at the dust on those tomatoes @ 100% - The National Trust will have to get better cleaners in future :grin: ... it's crazy sharp! :D
A few more WO

PS. They also need to buy real flowers in future :lecture: :cool:

jdphoto

I've posted this photo before, but wanted to show the image the client ultimately wanted. In this race for hyper resolution and mega pixel dominance, the lower res version was preferred because of the overall character. The color is nowhere near the original, so a WB card was useless. Just a thought as newer cameras are always lurking and distracting me.
Both images shot with the 55mm 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.