The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Got my GFX100s today.

vjbelle

Victor,
Never realized you had issues also. Were these issues with he 100S or GFX100?
GFX100... My 100s has been with me since March 15. I was probably one of the first ones out the door from B&H. Ever so often I have a hiccup where something minor won't work. A quick turn off and on solves it every time. Does not happen often and something I'm sure can be corrected with a future firmware update. No different than things I've experienced with other cameras.

Victor B.

Paul2660

If box seal is broken, then camera should sold as used. I have wondered for a long rime how B &H handles returns internally. They have a very generous return policy. Personally I have stopped purchasing from B&H for big ticket items due the terrible method they use for packing items for shipping. They are totally depending on the companies boxes for security. They just dump the cameras or lenses in a box with little to no padding and ship it. I have complained several times with pictures to no effect.

Paul

algrove

If box seal is broken, then camera should sold as used. I have wondered for a long rime how B &H handles returns internally. They have a very generous return policy. Personally I have stopped purchasing from B&H for big ticket items due the terrible method they use for packing items for shipping. They are totally depending on the companies boxes for security. They just dump the cameras or lenses in a box with little to no padding and ship it. I have complained several times with pictures to no effect.

Paul
There was no box seal on the box in my case. Just pull back the tab and open top.

ron787

Hello Algrove,
I own all 4 GFX cameras (50s, 50r, GFX100 and GFX100s) and not a single one of their boxes had been sealed. Furthermore, I own 10 GF lenses, and none of their boxes had been sealed. It seems pretty clear, to me, that Fuji does not seal their boxes.

algrove

Hello Algrove,
I own all 4 GFX cameras (50s, 50r, GFX100 and GFX100s) and not a single one of their boxes had been sealed. Furthermore, I own 10 GF lenses, and none of their boxes had been sealed. It seems pretty clear, to me, that Fuji does not seal their boxes.
Agree.

tcdeveau

Bummer Lou. At least you shouldn’t have too much issue returning it.

I’ve never had issues items received from BH until the last year, had two Nikon lenses in a row I had to return...with one of them the lens cap was smashed on at an odd angle and was defective. Second was defective as well. Hard to say if it was previously used or a defective batch since Nikon also doesn’t seal their Z-system boxes.

algrove

Bummer Lou. At least you shouldn’t have too much issue returning it.

I’ve never had issues items received from BH until the last year, had two Nikon lenses in a row I had to return...with one of them the lens cap was smashed on at an odd angle and was defective. Second was defective as well. Hard to say if it was previously used or a defective batch since Nikon also doesn’t seal their Z-system boxes.
Your comment got me remembering a 45-100 B&H sent me during the sale and the lens cap was jammed onto the front so tight it would not come off. returned it and never ordered another one. Pretty soon I will just forget Fuji MF and stick with my NOT weather proof Alpa/Phase IOQ4150. Maybe I get a Sony A1 to use in bad weather and that's it since I sure like some small Zony lenses on my A7R4 and the APO Voigtlander 50 I have even though MFocus.

SrMphoto

Your comment got me remembering a 45-100 B&H sent me during the sale and the lens cap was jammed onto the front so tight it would not come off. returned it and never ordered another one. Pretty soon I will just forget Fuji MF and stick with my NOT weather proof Alpa/Phase IOQ4150. Maybe I get a Sony A1 to use in bad weather and that's it since I sure like some small Zony lenses on my A7R4 and the APO Voigtlander 50 I have even though MFocus.
I really like my Sony A1, but it seems that Sony has quite a couple of issues themselves (IBIS, EVF). The companies are rushing too much to launch new cameras. Early adopters must make sure that they can easily return or replace new cameras.

spb

Staff member
Hello Algrove,
I am pretty sure every single GFX/GF box I have received was sealed here in Switzerland. I do recall one or two X lenses not in a sealed box.

vjbelle

I think you should give the Fuji another chance. It's easily worth it to me. I use my Fuji on my Cambo a lot and the Phase sits in a camera bag. I give up almost nothing Fuji vs. Phase. Plus I get to use my three Fuji lenses (50,80,110) that allow me take advantage of the camera stacking feature which works flawlessly. Files are fantastic with tons of shadow recovery especially when processed with C1. Did I mention the wonderful colors of the Fuji files?

Three or four weeks won't matter.

Victor B.

algrove

I am pretty sure every single GFX/GF box I have received was sealed here in Switzerland. I do recall one or two X lenses not in a sealed box.
Not sealed in the US as I looked at each lens box I have and there was never a seal on them. Sony are not sealed, but Leica M are sealed.

Last edited:

algrove

Looked through entire on line 100S catalog and could not find the flash sync speed. Perhaps missed it. Also did a paper manual come in your US 100S boxes?

Reactions: spb

Chapel

Hi, I think I read somewhere in the downloaded manual the flash sync is 125. There was no paper manual. I bought my 100s from a local small dealer and was there when they opened the shipping box from Fuji and the camera box wasn't sealed.
Greg

Paul2660

All the reports of no tape made me go back to my GFX100 box and look. It had one round tape seal on it. My latest lens boxes do not as others have reported. So I am wrong in my assumption on the 100s. I guess there is no way to tell if the camera was a reprocessed return after all besides shot count?
Hope it all works out for you Lou.

Paul C

algrove

All the reports of no tape made me go back to my GFX100 box and look. It had one round tape seal on it. My latest lens boxes do not as others have reported. So I am wrong in my assumption on the 100s. I guess there is no way to tell if the camera was a reprocessed return after all besides shot count?
Hope it all works out for you Lou.

Paul C
Thanks Paul.
It should be back at B&H this week.

spb

Staff member
Looked through entire on line 100S catalog and could not find the flash sync speed. Perhaps missed it. Also did a paper manual come in your US 100S boxes?
Clearly marked as 125x even on the top screen when showing the shutter speeds, but one is not restricted to that of course. Nissin make excellent triggers and flash guns - like Godox - both allowing flash at much higher speeds when required.

PSS

Clearly marked as 125x even on the top screen when showing the shutter speeds, but one is not restricted to that of course. Nissin make excellent triggers and flash guns - like Godox - both allowing flash at much higher speeds when required.
125 is the highest speed the shutter can sync flash, everything else is HSS which is great but comes with certain limitations.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I've bought all my recent Fuji GF gear from Capture Integration and all boxes have arrived closed (not sealed) with the box folded release in place. Unlike Leica, there is no external box with a seal.

Everything I've received from CI has been perfect including my GFX100S so far.

algrove

I've bought all my recent Fuji GF gear from Capture Integration and all boxes have arrived closed (not sealed) with the box folded release in place. Unlike Leica, there is no external box with a seal.

Everything I've received from CI has been perfect including my GFX100S so far.
So do you like how it renders for you?