The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XCD 28P

dchew

Exactly what I was trying to demonstrate with my posts. In actual application if performs well enough. I am not even sure that the color cast issue is due to lens misalignment. It is not symmetrical in my case. The strong color cast at the edges appears to be a function of the f4 aperture in this pancake design? Oblique ray angle? Does anybody understand this better?
I’ve dealt with color casts for several years. I think asymmetric color cast is more normal than abnormal. Not sure why, but I think it has more to do with sensor construction than the lens.
Dave

Really? Could you give it a try at f4 with an LCC or a uniform white subject?
I already did - hence my comment - but I am waiting for a far less windy day to do so again in more controlled conditions outdoors.
The attached are of an image I snapped this morning and processed my way - WB as shot but Lens correction for HC 4/28mm applied. The target was not vertically aligned hence the top to bottom shift.
Yes - we need actual lens correction profiles for this lens in Phocus, LRC and DxO (PR3/PL6).
AND NO I will not post uncorrected images.

Attachments

Last edited:

FloatingLens

I hoped that Hasselblad will update their automatic lens correction data to fix this issue on the 50c. It seems for the time being, one has to create a Scene Calibration at the larger apertures which can counter the effect. It also handles the light falloff well.

See re-export of my original test image taken at f4 below:B_03850.jpg

tenmangu81

I hoped that Hasselblad will update their automatic lens correction data to fix this issue on the 50c. It seems for the time being, one has to create a Scene Calibration at the larger apertures which can counter the effect. It also handles the light falloff well.

See re-export of my original test image taken at f4 below:View attachment 206426
Processed with Phocus last version ?

tenmangu81

Thanks Johannes !!
Scene calibration and lens corrections seem to do the job. Otherwise, the magenta cast is terrible !

FloatingLens

Yeah, as one of my first images I managed to pick a notoriously bad example since the periphery is grey clouds.

Last edited:

0beone

Funny (or not) but in shooting snow scenes, I see the cast mostly predominant both sides of the image, as in not like a traditional vignette... go figure. I have sent an image to Hasselblad for review.