The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format and Coffee

dave.gt

Keurig is an abomination. Nespresso is pretty good, but too expensive. I would be happy with just the moka pot.
Yes, I agree, the Moka pot alone is good enough. Since I’m the only one left, now, I don’t need regular coffee.

But a cheap Mr. Coffee will suffice if our daughter has to move in.

The Keurig had its uses when I was too exhausted to bother with coffee. Tbh, I really was getting tired of the Keurig anyway.

I need to find a decent coffee house around here if for no other reason than to get out of the house. 🤷🏼‍♂️ If you know what I mean.

Last edited:

dave.gt

Hmmm… just picked up a Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee maker and tried a cup of a light roast that I had been using in the Keurig. It cost only $24usd.

Believe it or not, it was a decent cup of coffee!… actually, 2 cups…🙂

Next time I will try it a little stronger. So far so good.👍

Godfrey

hmmm. I'm on my second Keurig machine, this one is now 8 years or more old. Been absolutely reliable, makes a decent cup of coffee as long as you pick the right coffee. Previous one lasted 11 years. Not bad for a relatively cheap, complex device.

of course, i expect my Bialetti espresso maker will outlast me... 😉 Very simple technology, no moving parts, replace the seals once per eon and you're good.

G

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Nice light on the latte this morning. (Well, second of the day. first was at 4:50 AM and there wasn't a lot of light.

X2D, XCD 28P, f/8, 1/40 sec, ISO 64, VERY tight crop - almost 1:1 here. The 28P focuses quite close. Yes, there are at least three 120mm macro lenses within 10 feet of me - including a Mamiya 645 1:1. I'm such a slug!

Ok, I lied. Here's the XCD 120 Macro at 50% crop.

And almost 1:2 (its maximum magnification).

AND the Mamiya 645 120/4 Macro at 1:1, tight crop. :LOL:

Matt

Last edited:

B L

Nice light on the latte this morning. (Well, second of the day. first was at 4:50 AM and there wasn't a lot of light.

X2D, XCD 28P, f/8, 1/40 sec, ISO 64, VERY tight crop - almost 1:1 here. The 28P focuses quite close. Yes, there are at least three 120mm macro lenses within 10 feet of me - including a Mamiya 645 1:1. I'm such a slug!

Ok, I lied. Here's the XCD 120 Macro at 50% crop.

And almost 1:2 (it's maximum magnification).

AND the Mamiya 645 120/4 Macro at 1:1, tight crop. :LOL:

Matt
You did very well with 28mm.Yes, Ilike it boss.

PeterA

I make and drink this morning's "Ristretto" with a short hot shot of milk added...

Cofee-1.jpg

a couple of hours later a walk to my favourite coffee and croissant place where

this lady makes me my double-shot flat white

Cofee2-1.jpg

if this lady doesn't

Cofee3-1.jpg

whilst this lady makes me my ham and cheese croissant

Coffee4-1.jpg

X2D | XCD 90 3.2

P. Chong

Quick BW series on the local Nanyang coffee scene in Singapore. Nanyang coffee (called kopi here) is mainly robusta, and roasted with margarine and sugar. Roast level is very dark. The coffee is made by steeping the rough grounds in a muslin bag (known as a sock here). The coffee is typically very thick, black, with heavy body. Drunk black with sugar (or without), or with condensed milk (a bit like the Vietnamese Cà Phê Sũa Ðà, though not made with a phin)

wangs3.jpg

wangs1.jpg

wangs2.jpg

Photographed just after the lockdown during the pandemic, where dining out is allowed, but restricted. Hasselblad 907X CFV II 50C, Hasselblad HCD 4/28 with XH adapter).

JeffK

Looks lovely, but quite pricey! Maybe someone will buy me one for my birthday! :D

G
is it pricey? relative to a camera lens and the daily enjoyment I receive from the 9barista, it's a bargain to me. Also helps I got mine 2nd hand from a craigslist ad.

Godfrey

I dunno about anyone else, but $500 for a stove top espresso maker is pretty pricey to me. ;)
Just like $3000 for a Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 is pretty pricey too... LOL!

I like the design. I've never seen one quite like this before.

G

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Looks lovely, but quite pricey! Maybe someone will buy me one for my birthday! :D

G
It sure is pricey, and even more so here at $640, but if it can produce a shot per day for 10 years, it's just $0.18 per shot. I can think of several other, less enjoyable, things that cost more than $0.18 per day.

I have come to a point in my life where I value small things at home, things that work today and won't break tomorrow, more than running towards the next peak to find out what's beyond. Beautiful things that last are good for my mental, and thereby also my physical health. How many visits to a shrink or a heart doctor would I get for $0.18?