The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

MartinN

Yes, the usual advice is to learn to use one developer thorougly, and then stick with it. Too much experimentation here and there can lead to confusion with the results.

arri

Test sample, made with a self made Quartz glass lens 3.2/75mm
Ilford FP4+, Wehner Developer, Nikon F801s, negative scan Epson V700
The left picture were made with f/3.2 and the right with f/16
Analog films are sensitive for UV light dowe to 280nm, our eyes are only down to 370nm. The quartz glass let pass this invisible light rays and the film makes it visible.
The UV light has a different focus than the visible light so you get two pictures in one, that gives a very unique kind of softness and it can be influenced by the aperture.
The lens were made of three elements only and it not 100% corrected.

KC_2020

Really nice image there, Chris. (y)(y)I have not used Diafine but I am working with DDX which has been very good.

How does Diafine compare?
Well, I've not used DDX, so I'm not much help!
Diafine is a split bath, compensating developer. It gives fine grain, a slight speed boost, time and temp variations won't affect results and you can develop different ISO films together. Tri-X and Diafine were (are) the news photographers staple. Over or under exposure have little effect. Shadows won't block and highlights won't blow.

DDX provides full film speed, fine grain and a very long scale, straight line tonality with depth in shadows, good mid-tone separation and detail in highlights. Ideal with 100 ISO modern films like Delta or T-MAX but works well with all film. Delta 100 and DDX are an Architectural photographers ideal B&W film.

Hope this helps :D

dave.gt

Thanks for the summary of each film! It is always nice when someone takes the time to add to my limited knowledge of things.:)

Yeah, I have a a huge amount of expired film in the freezer. Sadly, I haven't shot any smaller format than 120 in a long time (years). So, it is fun at the moment getting the results like the courthouse image above with the Legacy Pro 100.
Oddly, I have a hard time finishing a whole roll with 36/37 frames! LOL...

Godfrey

On my recent trip to Chicago area, I needed to travel very light and photography was not the central focus of my travel. I thought for a moment about just going with my iPhone 11 Pro and eschewing a 'real' camera, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. However, a friend had recently gifted me with a lovely Minox B ... That, and its tripod, are small enough to not even be a noticeable addition to my bag (although the airport security scanner didn't feel that way... LOL!).

I processed the Minox film two days ago and scanned it with the Leica CL yesterday. I need to re-visit my Minox film processing technique—I've gotten too used to processing 6x6 and not working hard to minimize grain—but there's a charm to using this camera, and a charm to the photos it makes that always makes me smile.

Kids Waiting for a Plane, Mom Looking On - Salt Lake City 2021
Minox B
Agfa APX100
ISO 100 @ f/3.5 @ 1/15
Scanned with Leica CL

Enjoy!
G

Godfrey

I was at the cafe for breakfast this morning with friends. Just before we broke to go home, I snapped the three of us remaining with the Polaroid Go...

Scanned on the flatbed scanner and edited to match the print. Have to say I'm pleased with the Go so far. I've gotten a good number of nice photos with it.

G

Godfrey

My experiment with Ilford Harmann Direct Positive Paper as a sheet film ...

Birdhouse - Santa Clara 2021

Locked Gate - Santa Clara 2021

Mamiya Press 23 Super, sheet film back
Sekor 65mm f/5.6 lens
Ilford Harmann Direct Positive paper in Ilford Multigrade developer
ISO 3 @ f/11 @ 1 second
scanned with Hasselblad 907x + Leitz Macro-Elmar 100mm f/4

Enjoy! G

Godfrey

Five months of Polaroid photos ...

- DELETED -

Thanks for the likes, but when I reviewed the video again this morning, I wasn't happy with the presentation or organization. I've pulled it for the present, will be posting the photos a bit later in a, perhaps, better organized manner. :)

G

Last edited:

sixby45

Hi All - getting around to doing some home developingHB_Ektar100_20210704_093 2kadj.jpgHB_Ektar100_20210705_096 2kadj.jpgHB_Ektar100_20210705_097 2kadj.jpg of my C-41 stash - enjoy!

All shots with the Hassselblad 500 ELM, and 120mm Makro Planar - on Kodak Etar 100 film.