The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

The Kodak Retina IIc that i acquired back in Summer has returned from its full CLA service at Advanced Camera in Portland. They did a wonderful job, it's like a new camera! So I had to go out for a walk with it ... actually, a few walks! Finally got through a 36 shot roll of XP2 Super.

Ginko Leaves - Santa Clara 2021
Kodak Retina IIc
Ilford XP2 Super in HC-110 1:61

Looking at the entire roll of photos, the Schneider 50mm f/2.8 lens on this camera seems every bit as good as the f/2 version on the Retina IIIc, or even my Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2! The Retina IIc is handy, protects its lens when folded for carrying, and is a joy to shoot with. Truly a delightful camera.

Enjoy!
G​

Godfrey

I took one of my Polaroids out on my walk yesterday. Every time I take one of these cameras out, I tend to shoot a pack. Yesterday I took a break for coffee in the course of the walk and enjoyed reviewing what I'd shot so far...

A Stop for Coffee on my Walk
Polaroid SLR670m by MiNT
Polaroid SX-70 B&W film
Photo made with iPhone 11 Pro and processed in SnapSeed

enjoy!
G