The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

P. Chong

One more. This is the photographer, Calvin who assisted me for this portrait session. For my self portrait, I set up the camera, did the framing, chose the aperture annd shutter speed after metering him as the stand in. I also did the coarse focus, and he did the final fine focus as I switched places with him and became the sitter. He loaded the film and fired the shutter. Same camera, lens, film, development in the same Stearmann Press tank, and scans.

51db9cca-6374-4640-bf69-9b4cc0992aa2.jpeg

Last edited:

Nokton48

Makiflex 150 F2.8 Auto Xenotar MINR Mammo by Nokton48, on Flickr

Foxglove on the back deck. Plaubel Makiflex with 150mm F2.8 Schneider Auto iris Xenotar lens wide open. 4X Neutral density filter added. Kodak MINR Mammography Film 18x24cm, cut down into four 9x12cm's. Microdol-X Legacy Developer 12 minutes at 74F. Aristo #2 RC 8x10 print, Omega DII laser aligned 180mm black Rodagon, Dektol dev 1:2. Handheld which I have been doing with Makiflexes a bit.

I like the "jagged" Xenotar Bokeh!

ian_T

EBONY RSW + NIKON NIKKOR 90/8 + CATLABS FILM X 80 II (colorized) / 510 PYRO (semi-stand)
--

I enjoy colorizing some of my B&W film images with a Wacom Pen and PS.
The CatLabs Film X 80 II film was tried on a whim because I could not find any user reviews.
The above film was shot at box speed (okay) plus another sheet at one stop more (in case of film damage, etc.).
Lots of green dye in the prewash of 2-two minute gentle agitation baths with a three-minute soak in between.
The location is Micanopy, FL, where it was 99℉ but beautiful.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Darr
Something about the colorizing makes this seem even more real than if it were originally in color. I don't know why. It's really cool.

baudolino

Took this while waiting for my son to complete his basketball tournament yesterday. Ruin of a hunting chateau on a hill above Großhöflein in Burgenland, Austria. Super Symmar HM 120 on a Gibellini TCN45 camera. Tmax100/Rodinal 1:50 @ 12min.

Glorieta_14092023 003.jpg

Nokton48

Auto Maki no 2 270 4.8 Tele Arton HRU 4 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Automatic Makiflex #2 270mm F4.8 Tele-Arton Makiflex Auto Iris 1/30 F11 Fuji 8x10 XRay HRU cut down to 4x5 in Graphmatic back StarD tripod. Development 12 minutes 60F straight Mic-X replenished by inspection of shadow values by deep red safelight. 8x10 Arista #2 RC Omega DII 180 Rodagon f22 35 seconds Omegalite diffusion head Multigrade developer. Note the orthochromatic renditions of the different plants

Last edited:
Reactions: B L