The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

Nokton48

Ashton Pond Norma Handy HRU Mic-X by Nokton48, on Flickr

Ashton Pond Columbus Ohio Sinar Norma Handy 4x5 Fuji HR-U XRay 65mm F8 at F22 Schneider CF + Sinar Norma Dark Yellow 103mm Glass Disk 1 sec at F22 Legacy Mic-X replenished stock in tray 18 mins at 62F Arista #2 RC 4x 8x10 Multigrade dev

Last edited:

Nokton48

5x7 PlusX 2402 Aero D23 5x7 Norma 500mm Tele Xenar by Nokton48, on Flickr

Kodak Aerographic Five Inch Plus-X cut seven inches, to fit a 5x7 Lisco Holder. 5x7 Sinar Norma with my newly CLA'ed Schneider 500mm Tele Xenar at F22. Hasselblad 40mm Distagon Yellow Filter jammed inside the lenshood, it fits! D23 1:1 8x10 Unidrum on Uniroller. 5x7 Contact Print on Arista #2 RC Dektol 1:2 The Tele-Xenar is quite sharp up front as you can see. I'm liking this film for 5x7, but I can also cut it to 4x5 or even 9x12cm. Like the tonality you get with the Aerial emulsion. Tim Kelly Inspired Broncolor Balloon 90 degrees left, lighting the entire set. Main light Broncolor C171 Monolight Pulsoflex Softbox, one stop brighter than the fill, 45 left to the set. Just out of camera shot 45 right, is a foamcore freestanding panel for passive fill. Finally, the creme on the sundae, is Broncolor C70 Monolight with Snoot and Handmade Grid from an olde Broncolor Honeycomb. Selecting lighting a small portion of the background. Just because

B L

8x10 Velvia, Arca Swiss 8x10, Rodenstock Grandagon 155mm, after sunset. This is an unedited drumscan. From one of my river trips in the Southwest (Its fun taking an 8x10 on the rafts for weeks-long trips). View attachment 207820
Excellent.Never seen a drum scan of this size!
Attention all masons,here is a Petra like project for you to carve.

Nokton48

MINR XRay Test 1 210mm Componon F22 Two Pops C171 by Nokton48, on Flickr

18x24cm Kodak MIN-R Mammography film cut into 4x5s. Sinar Norma Broncolor C171 with Broncolor Pulso Beauty Dish. Two strobe pops with Sinar Norma Shutter, multiple pops are no problem. Schneider chrome Componon lens at F22. Lisco Regal 4x5 film holder. Legacy Mic-X film dev 8 mins at 68F Aristo 8x10 #2 RC print Multigrade dev

Nokton48

Alice 1995 by Nokton48, on Flickr

8x10 Sinar Norma 480mm Rodenstock F9 at F22. 8x10 HP5+ D76 developed in 8x10 Unidrum. 4x8' softbox at 90 degrees left, 3x4' softbox at 45 degree left, 4x8' white foamcore at 45 degree camera right. Had a straight 16x20 print made on RC paper, at local commercial lab. Everybody enjoyed the session and they liked this one

Duff photographer

Dorset, UK. Apologies for the small image size.

Giant's Steps a.jpg

Ebony 45S. Fujinon-A 240mm f9.
Fuji Provia Quickload 4x5 [converted to B&W and cropped to 1:2]

Had the wrong film that day, and I feel this should be better composed by knocking a bit of that foreground off, but...

(By the way, that's the sea in yonder).

Last edited:

baudolino

On my first outing with my new Arca Swiss F-Field Metric I (knowingly) exceeded the maximum rise on the venerable Super Angulon 65mm / 5.6 and had to spend some time in Photoshop dealing with the resulting dark corners. HP5 processed in LC29. When I see the scans (all the dust and my inadequate film processing skills), I usually regret not shooting in digital, but LF can be good fun, with all the rise and shift possibilities, and looking like Ansel to passers by. This image makes me wonder if I could have taken it with an XT plus the 32mm Rodenstock lens (say). I have the IQ4 150 back and use it on the XF body for my "production-style" shoots with models. Adding the XT and extra lenses has always seemed too extravagant to me, given my only occasional forays into architecture and landscape. One day, I may rent the XT and go back to this place, to test it. Perhaps in a more moody weather and with a model wearing a long red robe or a goth outfit :). This place is a little ruin in the Leithaberge hills East of Vienna, Austria.

Mannersdorf_17_12_2023 003.jpg