The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

Oh, what marvels are to be revealed among the hundreds of unprocessed S images …

I can’t wait!

Life is just too complicated sometimes!!!🤨

dave.gt

Working back through time, today we have a second flush beginning in the rose garden. The Queen Elizabeth roses are defying the sweltering heat and dry weather. Here, the overcast day was not the best time to be out, but any time nature’s beauty reveals itself, I try to respond with a nice capture. Sometimes it happens. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Queen Elizabeth 1 by Leica S July 2023.jpeg

Last edited:

dave.gt

The Leica S will be used once again for more than the floral portraits that were mandated throughout the pandemic. After more than three years of being housebound we are planning to be out and about, cautiously, but once again spending our time and energy outdoors shooting landscapes and urban portraits.

First light each morning is what I live for… I will begin working on a book on that topic soon. 🙂For now, the Leica S is a joy to use if only in the garden as the morning light reveals more surprises for the coming day.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Bird House at First Light by Leica S July 2023.jpeg

dave.gt

Queen Elizabeth bud with wings.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Winged QE by Leica S August 2023.jpeg

Given another day or so, the bud would present like all the ones before it. Different color. Different shape. Different presentation.

I am no longer surprised at how things change sometimes dramatically in the garden.🤷🏼‍♂️

Young Queen Elizabeth Bloom 2021 by H5D.jpeg

dave.gt

The S 006 has been busy in Linda’s Garden as the 2023 season winds down. The previous two images were, at the time, days ago, believed to be the last blooms as cold weather was approaching. It was bitterly cold this morning with a brutal wind. 🥶

However, another surprise occurred yesterday morning before sunrise. I watch the light in the garden daily and at different times, dreaming of the opportunity to capture some more rose presentations for the love of my life. She has always meant everything to me and is more precious to me than life itself.

This Francis Meilland Hybrid Tea rose presented in the twilight before sunrise yesterday. I never saw the bud, and never expected to see another bloom this season.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
November Surprise 2 2023.jpeg