The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

When will IQ4 150 hit sub US $10k?

JeffK

Sometimes it's okay to just start a conversation and see where it goes. It's one of the funner points of being in this community.

Paul Spinnler

@Steve Hendrix: On a scale of 1:10 – how likely is an IQ5 in your view? Be it 2024/25?

Plssss.: some nuggets from your meetup with P1 back in Dec... a tiny bit more colour ... what you saw ... did it have glass elements in it, LCD elements? Could one stick a cable in it? :)

90 Tilt and 150mm lens coming ... but XT XL, new back? ... pls. P1 communicate!

Steve Hendrix

@Steve Hendrix: On a scale of 1:10 – how likely is an IQ5 in your view? Be it 2024/25?

Plssss.: some nuggets from your meetup with P1 back in Dec... a tiny bit more colour ... what you saw ... did it have glass elements in it, LCD elements? Could one stick a cable in it? :)

90 Tilt and 150mm lens coming ... but XT XL, new back? ... pls. P1 communicate!
Sure Paul, I'll tell you everything!

It's gonna cost ya.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Attachments

Steve Hendrix

:) Well, at least you are not lying!

I can only say that I agree with you, in the event that Phase One is continuing to invest in and expand on the XT platform (which they are), then it seems highly unlikely they would do so without a new digital back model on the horizon.

However, I don't see a new digital back model happening in this calendar year.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul Spinnler

I can only say that I agree with you, in the event that Phase One is continuing to invest in and expand on the XT platform (which they are), then it seems highly unlikely they would do so without a new digital back model on the horizon.

However, I don't see a new digital back model happening in this calendar year.

Steve Hendrix/CI
My understanding is that supply chain is a problem, meaning:

a) in general component availability and pricing
b) Sony being there with the 200 megapixel chip

2025 IMHO makes most sense – which means time to breathe financially this year and get the XT XL – if that's the flagship "XC" type non-lens announcement this year.

After 70 HR end of last year, 90 HR tilt this year plus the rumoured 150mm, some new hardware options in the sense of an XT XL AND/OR XC standalone lens with body w/o back would be nice.

This said, I think they are running the XC as a profit centre in itself rn, so biggest hope is to finally see the XT XL. Like a tech cam with 25mm rise to use the 90 HR tilt without cable and full distortion correction ...

Let's see!

jng

Sometimes it's okay to just start a conversation and see where it goes. It's one of the funner points of being in this community.
I agree! However it can get to be a bit tedious and less fun when the conversation devolves into bickering and perseveration over points that have already been made multiple times across multiple threads.

My two ¢.

John

Phase V

Why do some people here think they will get a good trade in offer from P1 when a IQ5
is released? Forget it, these days are over and P1 nowadays gives a sh$t about a customer
who is not in CH, Arial ore whatever big business. And btw. i don´t think a IQ5
will have the same price tag as the IQ4, my guess is, we will see a 70k sticker on it.

Paul Spinnler

Why do some people here think they will get a good trade in offer from P1 when a IQ5
is released? Forget it, these days are over and P1 nowadays gives a sh$t about a customer
who is not in CH, Arial ore whatever big business. And btw. i don´t think a IQ5
will have the same price tag as the IQ4, my guess is, we will see a 70k sticker on it.
Ok. Thanks for sharing