The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XF Trifecta lens 55/80/110.. Plus 150?

Maxx9photo

I've came to conclusion the above is the holy trinity of XF lenses line up which I've been shooting exclusively the past month, So far the favorite is 110.
My XF is solely designated for portrait (individual or group) studio or outdoor.
I've been toying to add the 150/2.8 from the past generation (Phase One branded) but was thinking to go all the way with the newer blue ring 150/2.8 if price is right?
The only thing about that lens is the SIZE which is Humongous! what's on the Phase One mind when they design that lens :D
I've read some of the older posts of the 150/2.8 but seems the archive sample pics are no longer available, if one can share?

kdphotography

I've had every iteration of the 150mm going all the way back to the Mamiya 150mm f/3.5----up to the latest generation of the 150mm. The Phase Schneider 150mm f/2.8 LS BR is all new and in a class by itself. For portraiture with the Phase XF, this lens is easily my favorite lens for portraiture. I've been retired from portraiture for some time now, but still can't being myself to sell the XF or the 150mm 2.8 SK LS BR. I've kept only the 40-80, 110mm, and 150mm.

Get the Phase Schneider 150mm f/2.8 LS BR. You won't regret your investment in this lens for portraiture.

Attachments

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The 150/2.8 LS is tremendous optically both in sharpness and in rendering.

But it’s also quite hefty. If it’s possible to try one or rent one before buying it would be wise to do so. Most people who try one from us end up buying; the only people who don’t choose not to because of the size/weight.

Maxx9photo

It’s a no joke on the weight, I’ve seen in person. Tripod most likely where this lens is bound! I’ve probably can only handheld this for 5 seconds 😀

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

It's fabulous lens wide open, but I had a chance to compare it with my BR f3.5 and at F8 I can't see any difference - except in weight! The F3.5 is much lighter and easily hand-holdable. However if you shoot wide open or close to it, the micro-contrast of the F2.8 is stunning. (IMHO.)