The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Z9

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
@tcdeveau yes, usually I do have an L bracket on it :) I mostly prefer it handling wise that way.

@Jorgen Udvang interesting, I never noticed that on my D700. ( My first super proper camera that I bought in my early twenties) I guess only the pro line, like that promising looking Z9 get the failsafe build details. In all other regards, a camera like that D700 has always been very reliable in my use :)
It only happened because I was sloppy, but with the next generation batteries, they introduced a catch on the battery, so I was probably not the only one. I do prefer cameras without any hatches or other plastic parts under the body though. One of my Panasonic bodies has a broken battery door, and that happened during normal use, probably because I put the camera down too hard on a stone or something.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well, this was kind of to be expected!

Z9 is best stills camera of 2021 - actually the best camera of all times IMHO.

aksclix

I am going to ignore that ranking for now.. 😀 already have the R3 delivered to me and it’s phenomenal!! I was not going to get it because they robbed us off of the 21 extra megapixels… but, I was sold on the eye control AF and 30fps.. sold my R5 and got the R3… I’ll probably get the z9 when the 800 f/6.3 is available.. 100-400 is not going to cut it for me 😌

ptomsu

Workshop Member
For those of you who speak German - found a great Z9 explanation video here - it is in German (from Nikon DACH) but the presenter is Heike Jasper and she really can present this camera in a very nice way!

Watching this makes me want that Z9 again and again :);)(y)

Enjoy

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
While I certainly appreciate what the Z9 can do, I don't *need* all of that. I'd be better served with a Z8 at say 60MP with the Z9's AF capability at even half the speed ;)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
While I certainly appreciate what the Z9 can do, I don't *need* all of that. I'd be better served with a Z8 at say 60MP with the Z9's AF capability at even half the speed ;)
You are right, but when will that Z8 come?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
@ptomsu, no idea. But I bet something gets announced before year end. And I can live pretty happily with my Z7ii until then -- or even longer if we get that AF update ;)

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I'm spending the winter in Florida and really wish I had the Z9 in my hands right now, as I'm heading to Ding Darling NWR shortly. I did get a shipment notification from B&H this morning which got my attention, but alas it's only for the FTZ2. :) (Not that I expect to see the Z9 this soon, despite placing my order within minutes of B&H accepting them.)

tcdeveau

I'm spending the winter in Florida and really wish I had the Z9 in my hands right now, as I'm heading to Ding Darling NWR shortly. I did get a shipment notification from B&H this morning which got my attention, but alas it's only for the FTZ2. :) (Not that I expect to see the Z9 this soon, despite placing my order within minutes of B&H accepting them.)
well the FTZ2 is at least something:)

Im guessing you’re not a NPS member either? I got my order confirmation within 2 mins of BH opening them up, and I paid in full at the time. Hoping for a shipment notification sooner rather than later but it will get here when it gets here :)