Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Capture One 7 - It's doubled my MPixels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Capture One 7 - It's doubled my MPixels!

I'm on my fourth Phase back and have used C1 off and on over the years but in the last couple of years used only Lightroom as over all I felt I was getting better processing. However with C1 v.7 I am now doing all my raw processing in C1v7. I finally took the time to make a a bunch of separate sessions and while I'm still getting some crashes, C1 is working much better and the processing of my Nikon D800e raw files is far better and more accurate than Lightroom. Eleanor

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by eleanorbrown View Post
    I'm on my fourth Phase back and have used C1 off and on over the years but in the last couple of years used only Lightroom as over all I felt I was getting better processing. However with C1 v.7 I am now doing all my raw processing in C1v7. I finally took the time to make a a bunch of separate sessions and while I'm still getting some crashes, C1 is working much better and the processing of my Nikon D800e raw files is far better and more accurate than Lightroom. Eleanor
    Exactly what I was hoping you would discover. Great news
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    C1-7 contains both the new 7 and old 6 processing engines, so YES it will render old files as you originally processed them. HOWEVER, once you re-render with the new 7 engine, you cannot revert to the V6 state inside C1-7. For that you need to have an installation of C1-6 on your computer and then reprocess it there.
    Jack

I assume that Pro 7 processes all new images with the new Raw engine and you are talking only about images originally processed in Pro 6?

Thanks
    Woody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dougpeterson View Post
    Hi Paul:
    - good news: this is not the way a properly functioning installation of v7 works
    - bad news: I can't explain why this is happening on your system. I'd suggest a clean install (removing the extra app support and pref files) and if it persists start a support case.

When a properly functioning v7 installation looks at an image that was adjusted in v6 it will be rendered effectively identically to the way v6 rendered it. ONLY when you push the "upgrade to v7" does it change, in accordance to the new math available in v7.

Jack: you in fact CAN revert an image that was upgraded to v7 back to the math of v6. Change preferences: default rendering to v6 and then create a "new variant" and (if desired) copy and apply the v7 upgraded settings to the v6 image (e.g. crop/rotation etc). This won't be a popularly used work around though given how universally better the v7 math is than the v6 math.
    Doug

Where is the "upgrade to V7 button?

Woody

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    Doug

Where is the "upgrade to V7 button?

Woody
    Base characteristics under the three-circle tab.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183