The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

darr

Lovely images Dave! You captured a significant "split in the road" known to all who live and work in Atlanta. I spent fifteen years working as a commercial photographer and teacher in Atlanta. I was up in Marietta earlier this year after being away for seventeen years and things sure have changed. I did not recognize where we had lived. Atlanta will always hold a special place in my heart. Go Braves! :)

tcdeveau

Thanks for your kind words Dave. Last night was fun indeed! Much needed camera time/photography therapy on my end as well :thumbs:

Here's a quick prelim edit from one of mine last night. I know I've posted from here before, but it's a great location, and it was fun to show a fellow forum member the location for their first time. A nice excuse to get out and shoot too! I went for a slightly brighter and warmer look than Dave's, as well as a pano crop. I'm going to go back to the computer and get rid of the plane streak and dial down the red tail lights a bit tonight. X1D, 45mm, ISO 100, f11 and maybe 40something seconds if I recall.
-Todd

10-26-17_0227-5.jpg

This thread is entitled "Fun with MF images" and the spirit of this thread is in the first word...FUN!

Life has its small blessings from time to time and last evening, I was able to work out my complicated logistics and meet up with Todd (tcdeveau) once again for some badly needed camera time. For those of you who have not met Todd in person, you are missing an opportunity to get to know one of the finest people I have ever met. He has been both an inspiration and a mentor in the short time we have been getting together for some Deep South medium format FUN!

FUN can also include the little mishaps... in my case, I started the day out buying $30 worth of gas to make the trek into Atlanta twice. I forgot to pump the gas and drove off...:bugeyes: Then, I picked up a 50mm lens from CI... wow! I couldn't wait to finish our day at the hospital and head into town to meet with Todd for a downtown skyline shoot. I forgot that I needed to double check my newly acquired NISI filter holder with a CPL. Running late, I picked up another friend down the street to join us. He tried valiantly to remove the 67mm adaptor in order to put on the 77mm adaptor but it was frozen solid! No way to use the CPL... no matter, I found this morning that it is missing! Lost somewhere in the car or dropped and forever gone.

NO FEAR! Todd was kind enough to help me out with his Lee filters and pulled out different filters at different times and altogether, I have a few dozen exposures to play with this weekend!
Thanks, Todd! I learned a lot in the process and it has made all the difference in a trying day...:thumbs:

Here is one image quickly done in Phocus, then LR...

satijntje

Tbilisi (Georgia) shot with X1D with 45mm XCD 1/200s, f4.0 ISO100
Great city that still has not been explored by many tourists.
Very kind people I met there!
John

Attachments

dave.gt

Todd,

That looks great! Wide is so good. You have to tell me your secret regarding how to keep the cars from changing lanes and mucking up the parallel light trails!

I am looking forward to going back to that location as well as the mid-town area. I will be on the lookout for similar spots, maybe at the North Ave. bridge? Or even Buckhead... you have put the fun back into shooting!:):):)

Update: the CPL has been found, hiding in the shadows of the car, as usual. But the filter adapter ring is still stuck on the filter holder.

Update #2: The filter adapter ring is no longer stuck! See the separate thread on that... secret tip included...:)

Last edited:

ChrisLivsey

Sunday morning, bored, so just arranged three red pears in our fruit bowl on the table, 5 mins in C1 and spirits lifted

100mm HC P45+

dave.gt

Chris, that is nicely done. Thank you for inspiring me to do something, anything this rainy, cold morning. I like that bowl, btw, and it sets the mood.:):):)

I should go to our lake but I am tethered to the house for now... time to poke around and see what I can find.

dave.gt

Nick,

That is incredibly beautiful! The blue tones, amazing. I love what you did with the long exposure and the composition!! Thanks for making my day.:):):)

Mark C

Just back from 3 weeks in the Middle East. Looking forward to seeing what everyone's been posting as soon as I get time but for now, here's a shot I've been 'getting around' to taking for the past 35 years, the Azadi tower in Tehran. Just outside the old Mehrabad airport, this was one of the first sites many visitors to the city would see as they drove out of Mehrabad. I didn't have time to get the elevator to the top, I'll probably get around to that in another 35 years (if I'm still around!) GFX + GF 23mm F4:

Azadi Tower by Mark, on Flickr

dave.gt

Well, it took awhile to finish domestics today and still, there is more to do. However, I pulled my fly fishing gear and replaced the tippet while sorting things out.

Hasselblad H5D 80mm:
Fly Fishing Packing 2 Sepia getDPI.jpg

Oh, yes, the square format mask works great for composition!
Thanks, Steve! :):):) and... I don't even have to turn the camera on its side to shoot portraits!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.