The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

Leaning tree in snow. I got fortunate to get a good snow cover at the base of the tree the night before I shot this image.

Steven

etrump

Folly Beach Pier (laptop edit)

It's good to be on the coast again. :D

XF/IQ3100/40-80 LS, Big Stopper, B&W HT Polarizer

CF039660.jpg

dave.gt

Ed,

That is gorgeous! I must find a place to stay there one of these days... we badly need a respite and your image inspires me to work toward the day we can finally visit Folly Beach.

Thanks for posting! The colors are beautiful.

:thumbup:

etrump

Thank you Dave. I’ve been here a few times and the colors last night were the best I have seen. I stay near Charles Town Landing which I find easier to navigate the sights than downtown.

Ed,

That is gorgeous! I must find a place to stay there one of these days... we badly need a respite and your image inspires me to work toward the day we can finally visit Folly Beach.

Thanks for posting! The colors are beautiful.

:thumbup:

dave.gt

Ed,

Thanks for the advice... being wheelchair bound, we have to find places to stay that are way more than backpack accessible. It is difficult to do when we have the rare opportunity to go anywhere.

I love your comment about being on the coast! I have a coastal confession... haven't been in years which is hard to believe when we used to pack up and go with the kids and later, when we were alone after the empty nest thing.

And now that I am hopelessly entrenched in Dante's medium format underworld, we are house-bound. Time to change that with a road trip! Hmmm... going to need a folding bicycle, some flip flops, sunscreen, a couple of good books to read, hotel reservations, car maintenance, etc.... and a GPS map of all the beautiful locations that have been posted on this forum. This is getting complicated...:facesmack:

Sounds like a nice lounge chair on the patio with my iPhone is just what the doctor ordered! Lol...:):):)

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ed,

Thanks for the advice... being wheelchair bound, we have to find places to stay that are way more than backpack accessible. It is difficult to do when we have the rare opportunity to go anywhere.

I love your comment about being on the coast! I have a coastal confession... haven't been in years which is hard to believe when we used to pack up and go with the kids and later, when we were alone after the empty nest thing.

And now that I am hopelessly entrenched in Dante's medium format underworld, we are house-bound. Time to change that with a road trip! Hmmm... going to need a folding bicycle, some flip flops, sunscreen, a couple of good books to read, hotel reservations, car maintenance, etc.... and a GPS map of all the beautiful locations that have been posted on this forum. This is getting complicated...:facesmack:

Sounds like a nice lounge chair on the patio with my iPhone is just what the doctor ordered! Lol...:):):)

Dave ... good book to read ... A Man Called Ove .... Fredrick Backman. You will find much to treasure in it.

Bob

stevenfr

Another snow image titled Winter Leaves and Sunset. On close inspection you can see the fox foot prints crossing through this image.

D&A

Michiel,

Many of you images. like the one posted above (especially with the look of the distant background and window reflections), reminds me of the style of the well known photorealistic painter Richard Estes, who's work I'm a fan of. His work primarily comprised of cityscapes, especially of New York. His paintings often comprise of clean looks, geometric shapes of city buildings, unbeliveable realistic window/glass reflections and other city related structures and are often so real, they can fool the viewer into thinking they are photographs. Below is the link to many of his images and clicking on some, might provide some idea of what I am describing.

On a separate note, did you just obtain the Pentax 28-45mm lens? If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks.

Here is the link to Richard Estes work:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ric...AEwEA#imgrc=CV4QX-WXTbewIM:&spf=1520894192203

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Dave ... good book to read ... A Man Called Ove .... Fredrick Backman. You will find much to treasure in it.

Bob
Thanks, Bob, I am looking for some reading material in book form now that warm weather is near.

That and drawing... I was offered a drawing table by my brother-in-law yesterday because they can no longer keep a house at their age. The presence of a work space will create different synapses (is that the right term?) and get me back to where I was so long ago in Architectural School. Those were good times... I could create anything by simply drawing, didn't have to go anywhere.

Once I have my sketching skills somewhat re-learned, I am going straight to painting. I think the balance of reading, writing, painting and photography will be good for me. Oh, and the daily five mile walk...

I admire your cello endeavor greatly. Music is such a dream but I have waited too long for that I'm afraid.:)

tcdeveau

A shot from yesterday. Had been wanting to check out this vantage point for quite some time now. Finally got some free time and some clouds. X1D with 45mm and big stopper, square crop.
-Todd

3-11-18_0483 copy 3-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.