Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 166

Thread: Fun with HUGE images (any camera). WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

  1. #51
    Bob Davis
    Guest

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Did not work. Wait till I have more time .
    Guy, maybe you need to READ JACK'S INSTRUCTIONS?

    LOL.

    Bob

  2. #52
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Never read the manual. LOL

    Actually I helped write them.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Never read the manual. LOL

    Actually I helped write them.
    Then you have to re-write it again and make it for larger.
    Tareq

  4. #54
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    You guys are pigs. LOL

    Jack and I will work on it when we both get home from our trips
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  5. #55
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Nothing to work on Bud, the instructions are already up. You have to use your album or another host site for the full size image you want to post and embed it in the thread. You cannot use the attachment option.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Nothing to work on Bud, the instructions are already up. You have to use your album or another host site for the full size image you want to post and embed it in the thread. You cannot use the attachment option.
    True, the attachment is not a solution or an option, just use another upload on GetDPI rather than attachment or use another host that accept to larger photos and post the direct link here by using Image icon [insert image yellow box], so simple as that.
    Tareq

  7. #57
    Subscriber gogopix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    ok just to test





  8. #58
    Subscriber gogopix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    still cant get
    i noticed that Coppermine you need to click to get the BIG ONE
    that's the second link
    so ok, go get carpal tunnel syndrome, just click thew second link

    7xxx by somethgs

    not a great shot, but it was good light. rare day I get up before 1000

  9. #59
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Victor, you need to add IMG inside the [] brackets at the begining of the image url, then add /IMG inside brackets at the end, not url and /url as you had done. I edited your post above and changed only that and as you can see, it worked

    BTW, I like the rusty old boat, but have to wonder what kind of image it would have made if framed between those two copper-blue pots. Oh, and you have a massive dust bunny upper left...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  10. #60
    Senior Member JimCollum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    santa cruz, ca
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    155

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    very nice detail Victor!

    but that really isn't good light.. it's barely acceptable light... I'm not trying to be mean here... you have the opportunity and gear at your disposal.. but I don't think you've had the experience in determining what good light actually is yet. You don't have to get up early to get it.. You don't need to spend extra time post processing, don't have to bump up saturation. you just have to know what it looks like when it appears

    Your posting history shows that you think you're getting good light at times..(i'm just assuming this since you make "good light" comments" which makes me believe that when you captured the image, you were thinking 'good light'. You seem to be at a plateau in your processing.. and I don't think reaching the next one has to do with taking time away from trips or business. I think maybe a short one-on-one photo trek (it would only take a weekend) with someone who can go over light quality.

    Again.. I think you have the potential to create some outstanding images.. even given the constraints of the treks you go on. I don't think you're just creating images for those who are buying your prints.. since you're posting them here for the world to see... fellow photographers, travelers, artists. It doesn't take a very big investment in time or money (a weekend with the right person would do it... there are some excellent travel documentary photographer out there.. and would be a pittance compared to the price of your travels and gear)

    jim

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    still cant get
    i noticed that Coppermine you need to click to get the BIG ONE
    that's the second link
    so ok, go get carpal tunnel syndrome, just click thew second link

    7xxx by somethgs

    not a great shot, but it was good light. rare day I get up before 1000

  11. #61
    Senior Member etrump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    This is a fun thread. Thanks Jack!

  12. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    ok just to test
    finally the S2 70 @ f8 focussed at infinity. This is on par with the (rare) published wide distance shots of the S2 70mm stopped down. good in the center, quite weak at the edges (above all for that price).
    With the 70mm this is not a "landscape photography" kit... IMHO.
    And of course no "architecture" kit (it isn't anyway...).

  13. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lyon, France
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    49

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Hello !

    Here, something from my new H4D 50

    Last edited by jerome; 30th July 2010 at 09:44.

  14. #64
    Subscriber gogopix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Victor, you need to add IMG inside the [] brackets at the begining of the image url, then add /IMG inside brackets at the end, not url and /url as you had done. I edited your post above and changed only that and as you can see, it worked

    BTW, I like the rusty old boat, but have to wonder what kind of image it would have made if framed between those two copper-blue pots. Oh, and you have a massive dust bunny upper left...
    Yes, and here we have the problem; the light was good (Galway bay inlet, 'artist' light for some. I liked the blue-blue blue of the pots, water and sky. Like a 'color splash' to pick up the sky and bring some interest to an otherwise nice, but dull scene. In person I could SEE that. In fact, two of the guides were Irish artists with their own gallery (acrylic and pastel-I know, why not real stuff like oil! but then I am old and fussy) They were waxing philosophic about the western coast of Ireland being as good a Provence for light.

    We were running for the bus. Normally I would have tried a few lenses (and stopped by the boat-I even asked 'could we stop for a sec';?"

    No way 9 inveterate trekkers on our way into the mountains for the day!

    I wanted to try the pots centered and also at the edge
    I also wanted a full pano (5-6 shots) from higher on the terrace...
    But this was not a Guy and Jack trip it was a trek 'with photo ops"

    Actually not to brag, but I need to be about twice as strong and fast as the others as I fall behind then race nto catch up (with dangling 5# camera)

    BTW, I had rotator cuff surgery (still in recover, Grrrrrrrr) and my orthopaedic surgeon asked; "Say you haven't been carrying heavy loads for long periods have you?


    PS What dust bunny? That's my WATERMARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by gogopix; 30th July 2010 at 12:22.

  15. #65
    Subscriber gogopix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    finally the S2 70 @ f8 focussed at infinity. This is on par with the (rare) published wide distance shots of the S2 70mm stopped down. good in the center, quite weak at the edges (above all for that price).
    With the 70mm this is not a "landscape photography" kit... IMHO.
    And of course no "architecture" kit (it isn't anyway...).
    Actually, I think the focus was on the urns.

  16. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by jerome View Post
    Hello !

    Here, something from my new H4D 50

    Nice shot, which lens?!!!
    Tareq

  17. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    Actually, I think the focus was on the urns.
    Honestly I did not noticed the urns... the image is far too big
    anyway... far distance is sharp in the center while the edges go soft.
    you also have the Contax... have you ever seen something like that at f8 with your 80mm?

  18. #68
    Subscriber gogopix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Well, lookee lookee
    I did grab three for a pano!

    http://web2.vicgogolak.com:81/CMPIX/...orama-fxps.jpg





    Ok, why isnt it working??

    ok it is, my bad :-) (put in a { instead of a [

    anyway, dont even DARE comment on sharpness or the funny tree edge-- this a quick and dirty with some fill light and some clarity (actuall seems a bit much) this is originally an over 2GB file scrunched down to a 10MB jpg Original is pretty damn good, not P65+ quality, but perrrrty good.
    you want the real file, you PAY!! LOL
    Last edited by gogopix; 30th July 2010 at 15:33.

  19. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    Well, lookee lookee
    I did grab three for a pano!

    http://web2.vicgogolak.com:81/CMPIX/...orama-fxps.jpg





    Ok, why isnt it working??

    ok it is, my bad :-) (put in a { instead of a [

    anyway, dont even DARE comment on sharpness or the funny tree edge-- this a quick and dirty with some fill light and some clarity (actuall seems a bit much) this is originally an over 2GB file scrunched down to a 10MB jpg Original is pretty damn good, not P65+ quality, but perrrrty good.
    you want the real file, you PAY!! LOL
    Use this code: [img]the URL of your image or the link[/img]

    For example:

    hope this will help, but be sure that the link or the url of the image is working otherwise it will never show even you post a direct link as a link, try again.
    Tareq

  20. #70
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post

    No way 9 inveterate trekkers on our way into the mountains for the day!
    Maybe you should consider trekking and photography as two seperate avocations? (Or with the bad rotator cuff, give up trekking -- all that arm swinging and all ) Seriously, I do understand the difficulties of trying to blend multiple avocations into a single venue -- it is at best, challenging...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  21. #71
    Subscriber gogopix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Use this code: [img]the URL of your image or the link[/img]

    For example:

    hope this will help, but be sure that the link or the url of the image is working otherwise it will never show even you post a direct link as a link, try again.
    Than you Tariq, it worked!

  22. #72
    Subscriber gogopix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Honestly I did not noticed the urns... the image is far too big
    anyway... far distance is sharp in the center while the edges go soft.
    you also have the Contax... have you ever seen something like that at f8 with your 80mm?
    You could be right. I just thought the left side (foreground) was closer so out of the DOF (1/3 front, right?)

    I will defer to the experts. On this test drive I was pretty pleased with the S2 AF and the IQ. The Contax AF often had a mind of its own, and so I was constantly adjusting framing. The S2 seemed a bit better priedictable.
    Ocassional I would 'force infinity' on the S2 for reasons you suggest. Here I really want the Urns as a metaphore for 'entry to the world' out there, and the mix of old new, (boat cars) and framing what looked to be an ancient caldera across th bay. I think I always had in mind the pano to frame with foregnd trees on each side (and Jack, not sure about a centered urn; could have reinforced the idea but again, rush rush rush.

    Jack, I like lots going on, so I live with it. With these large images and detail my style is large, lots going on, more narrative phography than 'art'. I just don't do images from outsides stairs with shadows on walls. I like the big drama. I think others here are more the 'focused eye' ONE big thing or concept going on. I can appreciate that (to ceratain extent :-) I just don't normally do it. If it's focused, I rather it be a person, a mood...That's a skill I would like to develop

    Anyway, like to see the big stuff from you guys. The GETDPI trips should have some spectacular ones, given the skills and equipment.

    best regards
    Victor

  23. #73
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    ink I always had in mind the pano to frame with foregnd trees on each side (and Jack, not sure about a centered urn; could have reinforced the idea but again, rush rush rush.

    Jack, I like lots going on, so I live with it. With these large images and detail my style is large, lots going on, more narrative phography than 'art'. I just don't do images from outsides stairs with shadows on walls. I like the big drama.
    Understood, and I think you've achieved that then with this image. You have the urns almost at a golden mean point, a contrasting red splash opposite edge, and the suggestion of an "S" curve with the boat dock and shoreline, all anchored to a decent sky and pleasant midground.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  24. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    Than you Tariq, it worked!
    You welcome!
    But let me tell you that your only posts that i can't see any photo there, either the links are dead or the website you use [maybe yours] is blocked in our region, so in both cases i can't see your photos.
    Tareq

  25. #75
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Fla.
    Posts
    1,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by JimCollum View Post
    but that really isn't good light.. it's barely acceptable light... I'm not trying to be mean here... you have the opportunity and gear at your disposal.. but I don't think you've had the experience in determining what good light actually is yet. You don't have to get up early to get it.. You don't need to spend extra time post processing, don't have to bump up saturation. you just have to know what it looks like when it appears
    jim
    Recently came across this video interview of Camille Seaman regarding good light and thought it might be of interest.

    http://www.silberstudios.tv/videos/f...camille-seaman

  26. #76
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    David,

    EXCELLENT link, thanks for sharing it!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  27. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    76

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Thank you for the link David. I enjoyed the interview with Camille and see that website has many other video interviews that look interesting.

  28. #78
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    the big images do impress, but how do you look at one when even on my 30" monitor I have to do multiple scrolls.

    why not choose to limit you max size to full screen on a large monitor? or am i missing something?

    Oh, and thanks no one is "quoting" the images when responding

  29. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    the big images do impress, but how do you look at one when even on my 30" monitor I have to do multiple scrolls.

    why not choose to limit you max size to full screen on a large monitor? or am i missing something?

    Oh, and thanks no one is "quoting" the images when responding
    1500-2500 are fine, i do limit my images to those for now rather than i put 4000x to 8000x and i do scrolling as well on my 30" monitor.
    Tareq

  30. #80
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hollywood, FL
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    the big images do impress, but how do you look at one when even on my 30" monitor I have to do multiple scrolls.

    why not choose to limit you max size to full screen on a large monitor? or am i missing something?

    Oh, and thanks no one is "quoting" the images when responding
    Right-click on the image and select View Image in Firefox or View Image in New Tab in Chrome. Not sure about Safari, though. After the image comes up by itself the default view will be to fit. You can then click to blow up to 100% and back to fit again. Pretty easy really (at least on the Windows side of things).

    David
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

  31. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    So come one, post more, why people stopped to post larger now? hehehe
    Tareq

  32. #82
    Senior Member kevinparis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    think people have stopped posting because its such a pain in the derriere to view very mediocre images

    just my opinion

    K

  33. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Good for them.
    Tareq

  34. #84
    Senior Member Quentin_Bargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saffron Walden, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    58

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Watch macro, H4D-50. On Smugmug, so anything may happen :-). Its, um, a big file (slightly cropped from orifinal 50mp image)

    First, a small version for review purposes





    Quentin
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

  35. #85
    Subscriber gogopix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    hmmm. not showing up in IE

  36. #86
    Senior Member Quentin_Bargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saffron Walden, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    58

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    hmmm. not showing up in IE
    Bugga! Typical of smugmug.

    Try this link to the page and choose "original", to se the full size image, that might work http://www.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-...54895094_Zm5DC


    Quentin
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

  37. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Listen, try to get your link ended up with JPEG or even TIFF extension on the browser, then that what you should post in between the image bracket [img] [/img], so Quentin, here is your JPEG link for your original shot, use this to post in between the bracket.

    http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/954895094_Zm5DC-O.jpg
    Tareq

  38. #88
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    819

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Great idea Jack! Giving this a try now (I've been away on a motorcycle trip for the past 2 weeks).

    Hard to believe I've taken so few images with my 503CWD in the past two years. This was one of my first....taken with the 50mm CFi lens.

    Gary



  39. #89
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    819

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    One more from the 503CWD....obviously cropped from the square format. I don't recall which lens I used for this shot.

    Gary


  40. #90
    Senior Member Quentin_Bargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saffron Walden, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    58

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Listen, try to get your link ended up with JPEG or even TIFF extension on the browser, then that what you should post in between the image bracket [img] [/img], so Quentin, here is your JPEG link for your original shot, use this to post in between the bracket.

    http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/954895094_Zm5DC-O.jpg
    Been there, done that, but it does not work. I have had this issue with smugmug before; its not that important so no worries. Quentin
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

  41. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    Been there, done that, but it does not work. I have had this issue with smugmug before; its not that important so no worries. Quentin
    It worked today morning my time and i saw your post, but i don't know what you did again, it was showing your first post but now no, i don't think it is about smugmug, i don't use them but i am sure if i use them and post i link it will show, if you want i can use your pic from there and post it here to see if you wouldn't mind.
    Tareq

  42. #92
    Senior Member Quentin_Bargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saffron Walden, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    58

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Tareq

    I know from past eperience that Smugmug is unreliable in this regard so its not worth trying fixes. I'll post elsewhere next time or here (run out of storage at the moment...)

    Quentin
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

  43. #93
    Subscriber gogopix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinparis View Post
    OK... so far i am not seeing any reason on earth to move to MF... come on guys you can do better.

    I wouldn't have posted any of those even as an example of a small sensor camera

    K
    I just noticed this; if you are gonig to make a statement like this, I want to see at least one decent posting of an image you HAVE taken.

    people who don't own agarden shouldn't throw tomatoes.

  44. #94
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    819

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    I can't say whether the quality of the images I've gotten from the Hasselblad 503CWD (CFV-II back) are significantly better than those I get from my Canon 5D or not, but I don't think that many of the images others have shared here are mediocre. Some perhaps, but many are very good. I'm particularly impressed with several of the images from Tareq.

    Gary

  45. #95
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    I just noticed this; if you are gonig to make a statement like this, I want to see at least one decent posting of an image you HAVE taken.
    Actually, I would suggest that anybody who wants to post a HUGE image from ANY camera can post it here. I may move this thread to the "Images to Share" section for that reason.

    Thoughts?
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  46. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Actually, I would suggest that anybody who wants to post a HUGE image from ANY camera can post it here. I may move this thread to the "Images to Share" section for that reason.

    Thoughts?
    Yes, do that, i like to share whatever, i am here to have fun and show people and share and all have fun, not necessary i should but at high level or pro to have something worthy to post or share here, anyone can share and post whatever, and it will be a good idea if you move it there if it needed or necessary, but it might be fine to be here on MF forum, you just do whatever you see it is the best.

    -Tareq
    Tareq

  47. #97
    Senior Member bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    819

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Actually, I would suggest that anybody who wants to post a HUGE image from ANY camera can post it here. I may move this thread to the "Images to Share" section for that reason.

    Thoughts?
    Sounds good to me.....here's one from the polar opposite of a MF digital setup. :-)

    Cambo 4x5, Rodenstock Sironar 150mm, Kodak B&W film. Epson 2450 scan. Redwing, Minnesota. Circa early 1980s image.

    Gary


  48. #98
    Senior Member JimCollum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    santa cruz, ca
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    155

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    not exactly MF.. this was a 'snapshot' taken with the Betterlight and pano adapter. The original was 41,000 x6,000.. but the browsers won't display a jpg over 30,000 wide for some reason.

    anyway.. rather than embed the image inline, i'm providing a link.. but beware.. the image is 65Mb in size (sorry for any downsize and jpg compression artifacts)

    http://www.jcollum.com/fm/pano_better1a.jpg

    nothing great about this image... just me trying the "mine is bigger than yours" game
    tech info: Betterlight Super 6k, Ebony SV45Ti view camera, 300mm Red Dot Artar @f32

    For the record.... I don't consider this a public domain image.. i still hold the copyright. Feel free to play with it for your own fun, but any commercial use (yea.. right) has to be approved by me (Copyright 2010, James Collum)
    Last edited by JimCollum; 3rd August 2010 at 23:32.

  49. #99
    Senior Member kevinparis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    gogopix

    i was being deliberately provocative and a little tongue in cheek as the early images posted here did not really reflect in my mind what is possible with the MF format

    you are welcome to visit my flickr page at anytime to see where i am coming from photographically.

    to me quality of image beats image quality every time - its the picture not the pixels

    cheers

    kevin



    Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    I just noticed this; if you are gonig to make a statement like this, I want to see at least one decent posting of an image you HAVE taken.

    people who don't own agarden shouldn't throw tomatoes.

  50. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinparis View Post
    gogopix

    i was being deliberately provocative and a little tongue in cheek as the early images posted here did not really reflect in my mind what is possible with the MF format

    you are welcome to visit my flickr page at anytime to see where i am coming from photographically.

    to me quality of image beats image quality every time - its the picture not the pixels

    cheers

    kevin
    Here it is about pixels and resolution, if the image quality is there then it is bonus, post high resolution or mp or even GP and we will be happy, don't force us just to post best masterpiece fine art works, i post here whatever i can doesn't matter if it is a high quality image or not, i post what is called high resolution from MF.
    Tareq

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •