The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. spb

Sony A1 on OSX Monterey 12.01 firmware update

On my Mac Pro, total failure, the firmware update started up but then just churned away and did not even start the process after opening up and asking for cable to be connected and camera on, after that nothing but a message to say update could not be performed. Took the battery out and all the...
  2. spb

Sony A1 overheating

Anyone let me know whether this is to be expected. Recording in 4K, two clips of 5 minutes, and the camera shut down as it was too warm. Hmm, I found setting to perhaps allieviate the issue so more testing for me.
  3. spb

Fujifilm 100S files no longer being recognised in Capture One 21 Build 14.1.1.63

On a Mac running Big Sur, I have been using this combination for several weeks, but today having not changed any settings for a while, suddenly the files are no longer recognised unless I use Exif Editor and rename Camera Model Name to GFX 100 i.e. drop the S and have a space after GFX! Anyone...
  4. spb

GFX 100 or GFX 100S IBIS (IS mode)

On my 100S the setting is Continuous, so I presume it is on all the time. That part is easily understood but I don't feel anything or see any indication that this IS mode is working, is it really that transparent in use? I have scoured the manual, I thought maybe I might see an icon in EVF, rear...
  5. spb

Zone focussing

Is it possible on the GFX cameras to successfully zone focus like on a Leica (for example) which still has depth of field scale markings? Looking at the forthcoming GFX 100S, there seems to be a possible in the EVF to put up a depth of field scale or a distance scale. This makes me believe it...
  6. spb

Period Unable to focus with 907X

So yesterday I went out in the snow to take some images of my favourite trees laden with snow. The temperature was -5 degrees still within the range specified for the 907X. I also had the Control Grip on. Got to the first tree, so 2 minutes outside, switched camera on and when I pressed the...
  7. spb

Strange light today in Lauerz, Switzerland

Image taken on an iPhone 11 and edited slightly in Luminar AI. The colour is pretty close to what we saw. Seen this mountain range hundreds of times but never like that, the one time I forgot my 'real' camera.
  8. spb

Anyone using a Vinta S or Vinta S II camera backpack

Vinta S II I love the look and the specs of this backpack. Have ordered one, but there is absolutely no communication from the company. I have tried phone, web-form and email. Makes me think maybe the company is not so solid......
  9. spb

Anyone noticed USB-C to USB-C Hasselblad official cable has issues

This is strange. I have two offical USB Hasselblad cables. One is USB-C to USB-C, and the other USB-A to USB-C. Now whilst in Lucerne, I connected my USB-C to USB-C cable to camera (907X) and iPad Pro. I uploaded some images worked on them saved them to the iPad. All very good, one big reason I...
  10. spb

SD Cards and speed as recorded by the 907X

The 907X in Storage option shows a faster rate for the 16GB and 32 GB cards then the 64GB cards. 98 mb/s for the 64GB 108 mb/s for 32 GB 117 mb/s for 16GB Does this seem in order to you OK ? I was expecting the 64GB cards to be faster!
  11. spb

907X suitable case

I have a Billingham Hadley Pro, and will have a 907X, 30mm, 45mm, 90mm + iPad Pro 9.8". I never go out with all lenses. However travelling I may consider going with these 3 lenses, camera, iPad. I cannot judge without the camera whether this will work.
  12. spb

Stephen originally from sunny 'Kingdom of Lindsey'

I started with a box camera, whose bottom fell down just as London bridge was opening upwards, and I young as I was thought I would have the picture of my life coming down for a day trip to the metropolis from Lindsey. Deeply disappointed but I perservered throughout my life as a hobby. Used to...
  13. spb

X1DII to 907X

What are the main 'adjustments' one has to make when transitioning from a X1D type camera to the 907X. Lets say one hasn't the Control Grip just yet or the external viewfinder. Obviously one has the screen as the only way to view images. There are a lack of controls, apart from shutter button...
  14. spb

907X 50C Cold Shoe adaptor / Viewfinder

Can anyone say whether or not a Flash Trigger can be fitted to this cold shoe adaptor? I understand that a Flash-gun is not, but surely with a cable to Flash Out socket, this should be AOK without destroying the camera? I mean I will not try it unless I hear categorically that this works with no...