The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Not a fun picture this. It's a local fisherman in the Philippines holding part of today's catch, two juvenile tunas, a skipjack and a yellowfin. If they were allowed to develop, they could grow to become adults of more than 30 and 150 kg respectively. Unfortunately, there's no incentive for the local fishermen to do that, since when the tuna grows to adult size, they'll leave the local waters for the Pacific Ocean, where they'll be caught by an international fleet of large fishing vessels, leaving nothing to the locals in the Philippines, even though much of the adult tuna eventually arrives in General Santos City for processing and/or export.

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 150mm and f/8

bensonga

Many Americans are familiar with the Vietnam Veterans Memorial wall in Washington DC. Less well known is this bronze statue of three American soldiers which is nearby.

Gary

GX8, 12-35/2.8, SilverEfex Pro BW conversion

Last edited:

AlanS

A couple more from yesterday (It's trying to snow this morning!)
G9, Zuiko ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD

scho

Tough day for this squirrel in the cold rain. G9 100-300 @ 300mm, ISO 3200. Processed with Topaz A.I. Clear.

bensonga

I'm not much for zoos, but my wife wanted to see the Smithsonian National Zoo today. Here are a couple of the very few decent photos I took. Of course, these two animals were not in the same enclosure.

Gary

GX8 and the 35-100/2.8 v1 lens.

f6cvalkyrie

I'm not much for zoos, but my wife wanted to see the Smithsonian National Zoo today. Here are a couple of the very few decent photos I took. Of course, these two animals were not in the same enclosure.

Gary

GX8 and the 35-100/2.8 v1 lens.

Hi, beautifully shot !
Can you tell me which toothpaste the crocodile uses ??? Such lovely white teeth ! :) :) :)

C U,
Rafael

AlanS

Hi Louis, the Cormorant pics seem soft to me, is this just the web messing with your pics or is it evidence of the focus issues you are having? Great pics btw, would love to do bird pics but don't have the patience (and rocks don't jump about while you get a really sharp pic!) :D

Alan,

Have you had a look at the video that Bart put at the bottom that bird thread?

The shots at the end are great - and I don't think he is using a particularly clever m43 camera/lens combo.

Made me change a few settings on my pair of E-M5 mk 2 bodies - and I only photograph folk who move far slower than the birds the video was covering.

It's on Louis's thread so I guess he'll be taking a look at it - kept indoors this morning by inclement precipitation.

Tony

AlanS

Tony, interesting but not going to shoot birds anytime soon! Stopped raining here midday so have been out all afternoon stalking some rocks instead! :ROTFL: