The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

AlanS

Found some water and trees instead!
Lumix G9, Lumix 20mm f1.7 II

Zuiko ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Cormorant with fish: G9+200/2.8+TC1.4
Louis, those are very cool photos, but they are blurred for some reason that I don't understand (the bird seems to be in focus but blurred). Can you list your camera settings or make one of the photos available in full resolution, and I'll have a look.

biglouis

Hi Louis, the Cormorant pics seem soft to me, is this just the web messing with your pics or is it evidence of the focus issues you are having? Great pics btw, would love to do bird pics but don't have the patience (and rocks don't jump about while you get a really sharp pic!) :D
The focus is not ideal but I thought the sequence worth posting. I'm still in two minds about whether the AF has or has not been improved with the latest release. This is a similar sequence (not for the weak of stomach) - I call it 'How A Comorant Deals With An Annoying Magpie'.

Bear in mind these were shot from maybe 100metres or more away from the birds, so the frames are at almost 100%.

G9+200/2.8+TC2.0, 400mm f5.6 1/2000 iso320

AlanS

Quite funny!
These look much better even allowing for the crop factor. What s/w are you using as I wouldn't have thought the noise would be as noticeable at that iso?

biglouis

Quite funny!
These look much better even allowing for the crop factor. What s/w are you using as I wouldn't have thought the noise would be as noticeable at that iso?
I'm using Lightroom. Could be I also need to callibrate my monitor (in fact after using my Eizo CG222W for nearly 13 years, I may even need to consider replacing it!).

I'm going to reprocess and see if I can drop the noise but I suspect I will just lose resolution.

LouisB

AlanS

Mmmmm, I am a Lightroom user (well was!) but use DxO for m4/3rd now. I find it is very good with noise control and Prime is really good when required. Be quite happy to run a file through it if you want?

scho

A little T/S fun with the G9 indoors. An old Nikon mount Samyang 24mm T/S lens mounted to a G9 with the Novoflex ASTAT-MFT adapter. Lens was adjusted to 1.5 degrees tilt and shifted vertically for a two shot stitch in Lightroom. Stitched file was also run through A.I. Clear in Topaz Studio. Since I'm working on a tripod I need to do some more with this setup using high res mode.

scho

A little T/S fun with the G9 indoors. An old Nikon mount Samyang 24mm T/S lens mounted to a G9 with the Novoflex ASTAT-MFT adapter. Lens was adjusted to 1.5 degrees tilt and shifted vertically for a two shot stitch in Lightroom. Stitched file was also run through A.I. Clear in Topaz Studio. Since I'm working on a tripod I need to do some more with this setup using high res mode.
I moved the setup outdoors and tried another sequence with the lens still tilted 1.5 degrees, but now rotated for lateral shift. This was shot in high res mode and the final panorama was about 122 MP. Not very sharp because of wind blur and poor focus.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This lens is fantastic, and insanely sharp!

GX8 with Zuko 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye @ f/2.5, cropped

GX8 with Zuko 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye @ f/8, cropped