The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF Achromatic Digital Backs

JeffK

Wondering if anyone is shooting with the original P39 Achromatic Plus that was made for Bear Images? Would be great to see some results for long exposure in the 3-60min range which the IQ260A didn't offer. (only up to 2min long exposure - which has given very good results).

Last edited:

drevil

Staff member
I think the achromatic+ backs are the rarest of them all.
i got in contact with bear images some months ago, asking if they still have some, for my c645, and surprisingly they still had some, new and demo.

unfortunately they were asking 19K$ for a new one, i still replied them, telling them there was a MF revolution happening behind their back, didnt get a reply haha(to be fair i put it in nicer words)

so if you are willing to put 19k on the table for 15 year old technology, just contact them

lookbook

have you upgraded to IQ3 now?

Greetings Gerd
i have owned the iq3 for over a year - i was able to buy it used and almost new.
I sold the iq260 at about the same time.

for me, the iq260 would have been perfectly adequate in terms of the quality of the pictures -
but the iq3 has the ability to focus via the screen -
a real relief when using technical cameras ...

thank you for your interest Gerd

thank you all for your kind attention ..