The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Nice Bill. I recognized the location instantly. Lovely place and I've been traveling there my entire life to visit relatives. Is this recent? If so, how did you manage to cross the border? I really miss my ability to travel to Canada. Tom
Tom, this was taken a couple of years ago - with our lock-down I'm reduced to showing "old" files.
I'd love for you to come and visit when things open up!
Thanks for your kind comment - I'll see if I can find others from that trip.
Bill

tsjanik

My wife and I have friends we sometimes visit in Red Bay and Muskoka. I have been to Tobermory several times. It's an amazingly beautiful; place. When I'm traveling there again I will notify you and perhaps we can meet for coffee or maybe some fried fish. I'd love to see more of your other photos of the Black Hills,

drevil

Staff member

This saturday i made a small warm up hike(before the real deal on sunday), i had to show a few friends(some of them from the south of china) the great wall, no second thoughts, it had to be the section of jiankou, one of the most iconic sections.
My friends werent sporty, so we chose an easy connecting part between the mountains, this spared us lots of other local hikers, its getting more and more every year, not a good thing at all.
Contax645, 120mm and 35mm(inside the broken tower) with P65+

KC_2020

I did some experiments today using the Fuji GFX 100S. I wanted to see whether I could capture the songbirds that visit our feeders. I had previously done it using the Leica SL2 and the Nikon Z7...
Those look great !

How was the focusing speed and color compared to the SL2 and Z7 ?

D&A

Joe, you did it with SL2, and with the Z7 and now with the GFX 100s. Goes to show it isn't the equipment but the talent and ability of the photographer. As usual, your bird imagery regardless of the camera system used is as spectacular as ever. Most impressive!!

Dave (D&A)

P. Chong

totally agree with Dave. Bravo Joe.

Joe, you did it with SL2, and with the Z7 and now with the GFX 100s. Goes to show it isn't the equipment but the talent and ability of the photographer. As usual, your bird imagery regardless of the camera system used is as spectacular as ever. Most impressive!!

Dave (D&A)

KC_2020

Thank you Joe !

I've shot with the SL2 and I have GFX 100S available to try out. It should be interesting. Your technique is pretty much how I shoot sports, wildlife etc.. Anything that's not 'posing.'