The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

mristuccia

Just using this old image for playing around with Hasselblad Phocus.
Today I've discovered a way to create and keep variants by means of Adjustment Browser/Embedded savings.
So now I have two variants of this image embedded in the FFF file: color and bn. Not as user friendly as the variants of LR or C1, but still useable.

20201121_BRANDENBURG_01_BW_Framed.jpg

20201121_BRANDENBURG_01_CL_framed.jpg

schuster

Sydney skyline as the clock ticked over to 2022, seen from Governor Phillip Lookout in Beacon Hill. The vantage point is some eight miles away from the area of the city you see here. Visible, amongst other things, are the Sydney Tower to the left (aka Centrepoint Tower), the Sydney Harbour Bridge (slightly right of centre) and Crown Sydney in Barangaroo to the right hand side.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 400mm f4 EDIF lens. My impression was that the electronic shutter and the absence of a mirror helped to get sharp results on the long lens...
_DSF8211V2_Step13sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
Enlarging it on Flcikr really shows off the incredible definition. Wonderful image, Ed!

P. Chong

Took my Hasselblad HC 3.5-4.5/50-110 lens mounted on my GFX 50S II out for a walkabout this morning. Regretted bringing it...the lens is a real whopper. But feel somewhat better with the results. The lens renders rather nicely, perhaps less sharp and clinical as a modern digital lens, but I rather like the way it looks.

This is the center of the Singapore CBD. The entrance to the Raffles Place MRT (underground station) is framed by the view of the rest of the CBD in the background. In the foreground is a square, where people can sit and relax, and have lunch or breakfast. The square is somewhat cooler as direct sun is blocked by the tall buildings around, but it gets plenty of light. And often, there is a nice breeze, as the sea is not far from here.

raffles-place-mrt-1.jpg

More pics here.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have an inordinate fondness for using telephotos as semi-macros. Of my motley collection of adapted ancient long lenses for the Leica S, the Pentax 67 300/4 ED-IF has the closest minimum focus (2 meters!), more than making up for its lesser focal length than some others (the worst offender, the Pentax 67 400/4 at 8 meters). ANYWAY, here's the 300/4 at minimum focus, f/11, and very tight crop.

Matt

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Well the wind(chill) didn't impact the sharpness while hand-holding at web posting size Bill. Splendid image, you can just feel the cold when looking at it.
Thanks Pegelli! When handholding in such conditions I take a series in the hope one will be sharp. In fact all seven I took are are first class. The first few were at ISO 400 1/2000, and the last (the one posted). ISO 200 1/1000. All at F5.6, almost full aperture.

Ed Hurst

Three images where I have been practising with the use of PS's new Select Sky function...

Toowoon Bay on the NSW Central Coast. Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ 28mm. Sky replaced with one from another shot taken at Wobbegong Bay.

Barn at Benandarah near Bateman's Bay on the NSW South Coast. Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 55mm DFA lens. Sky replaced with one taken at Blackheath in NSW Blue Mountains.

Sydney's CBD seen from Narraweena. Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 400mm EDIF lens. Sky replaced with one taken at Wobbegong Bay.