The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

pegelli

^^ Another majestic sculpture by Folon, together with Magritte he's one of my favourite Belgian artists.

I was there last friday, but not with an MF camera and saw a relative of the lady above inside the Folon Foundation: Link

f6cvalkyrie

I'm ashamed to admit that, although I live like 1.8 km from the Foundation, I didn't visit the Lartigue expo ...
:(:oops::rolleyes::unsure:o_O

wattsy

Lucked out on Friday in Great Langdale in the Lake District. It was cloudy and dull down in the valley but a different story on the fell tops. 907x 45P.

Bowfell, Esk Pike and Great End (front to back)

Crinkle Crags

The Scafell massif (England's highest peaks) seen from Crinkle Crags.

guphotography

I wasn't going to say anything, but all these shots have blown-out highlights on my monitor. A matter of style? No one else's photos look like that here.
Looking fine on my macbook pro and benq displays, highlights are pushed to the limit but nothing blown out, that takes a keen eye and fine tuning to get it right.

Most photos are how camera manufacturers let you see within their product's parameters, it's very refreshing to see artistic flares.

PeterA

On a mellow, moodily misty morning, Sydney's Northern Beaches seem to glow. The view north from Collaroy Plateau towards Narrabeen, Turimetta, Warriewood, Mona Vale and beyond.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 150mm lens
View north towards Narrabeen, Warriewood, Mona Vale and Beyond by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
Love the view Ed - as an aside have you used the Pentax 105 on any people shots? I'm thinking of getting the Mitakon Speedmaster 65mm F1.4 Lens for Hasselblad XCD X2D as I have seen comparison shots made with this lens right next to same shot using teh 105 and they are remarkably similar in rendition/aspect ratio etc etc...

pegelli

Clipped like crazy for me
View attachment 209844
Isn't the spike at the right at 255 the white border? On my monitor the images look very bright and "overexposed" but I can still see a difference between the brightest parts of the image and the white border. I downloaded the photo and inspected in photoshop, for instance the white tarps on the sailboats right are no brighter than ~240 in their brightest spot, so still ~15 lower than the white border. On a calibrated monitor this difference should be visible. I think Paul said that the very bright/high key processing is intentional and part of his style.

Last edited:

P. Chong

+1 for me too...I see the images as very high key, and definitely a specific style. But nothing blown. Nice style Paul.

Isn't the spike at the right at 255 the white border? On my monitor the images look very bright and "overexposed" but I can still see a difference between the brightest parts of the image and the white border. I downloaded the photo and inspected in photoshop, for instance the white tarps on the sailboats right are no brighter than ~240 in their brightest spot, so still ~15 lower than the white border. On a calibrated monitor this difference should be visible. I think Paul said that the very bright/high key processing is intentional and part of his style.