The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

PeterA

Evening Walk and a couple of snaps - I think teh 45/4 'cheapie' is the "ducks guts" on the X2D as a walk-around happy snapper...

Manon Bench-1.jpg

Port Melbourne Pub-1.jpg2-1.jpg

Absolutely loving this camera and its lenses - no regrets exiting the no IBIS M11 and keeping the SL2 for tele - my film profiles work a treat over the native 'Blad

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Seasonal Weather. I dunno, I just liked the depth. Ordinarily, I leave B&W scenes in color, but there was really no point here, so B&W conversion in LR.
X2D, Mamiya 645 200/2.8 APO.

Matt

Now that the sun is up and the murkiness is lessened, here's more-or-less the same shot at f/8. And, as you can see, in color!

Last edited:

jduncan

jduncan

Seasonal Weather. I dunno, I just liked the depth. Ordinarily, I leave B&W scenes in color, but there was really no point here, so B&W conversion in LR.
X2D, Mamiya 645 200/2.8 APO.

Matt

Now that the sun is up and the murkiness is lessened, here's more-or-less the same shot at f/8. And, as you can see, in color!
Hi,

This one was hard, I like the human element with a splash of color in the second one, but there is something that captures my mind in the first one.
Both are lovely but I believe I like the first one the best.

Interesting lens selection, by the way. I believe it would be nice if Hasselblad introduced a fast lens beyond 200mm. A 200mm will be to close to the 135mm and with limited
resources, I understand that they have to count the cents, keep the discipline, and don't invest in anything that is not going to sell well.

Even so one can dream, and I will guess a 250mm f2.8 will be viable.

Best regards

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Splendid pictures, Matt !
Hi,

This one was hard, I like the human element with a splash of color in the second one, but there is something that captures my mind in the first one.
Both are lovely but I believe I like the first one the best.

Interesting lens selection, by the way. I believe it would be nice if Hasselblad introduced a fast lens beyond 200mm. A 200mm will be to close to the 135mm and with limited
resources, I understand that they have to count the cents, keep the discipline, and don't invest in anything that is not going to sell well.

Even so one can dream, and I will guess a 250mm f2.8 will be viable.

Best regards
Thank you, both! One of the great surprises and pleasures of photography is when an image jumps out at you and demands to be taken. The first one was like that. The second was an update that is fine in a more traditional way - human element, spot of color, varied contrast. But the feeling of the first one was what demanded the camera.

It's very rare for me to want a picture where nothing is sharp, but that was also consistent with the mood, and the old low contrast when wide open 200/2.8 was perfect.

Given that the XCD 135/2.8 + 1.7x yields a (gets out calculator) 230mm f/4.8, I don't hold out much hope for another lens in that range. The Fuji GF 250/4 is a miracle, and one of the things I miss most from that system.

Matt

P. Chong

Windows on a pre-war shophouse building in Singapore. The architectural detailing is exceptional and a mix of east and west.

Alpa 12 STC with Hasselblad CFV II 50C, Rodenstock HR40 lens with quite significant front rise. LCC frame used to correct for colour cast. Cropped for pano format.

level2-windows-little-india.jpg

Godfrey

For Valentines Day, the orchid opened another blossom:

Orchid Four Blossom #2
Hasselblad 500CM + CF Sonnar 180mm f/4
CFVII 50c
ISO 400 @ f/8 @ 1/15

which made these guys pretty happy:

Valentine Bears
Hasselblad 500CM + Makro-Planar 120mm f/4
CFVII 50c
ISO 400 @ f/16 @ 1/4