The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

Ed Hurst

Malmesbury Abbey - One of Henry VIII's victims.

SK35 f11, IQ4, Cambo Actus

This was taken at about 7:30 am (well after sunrise now)
View attachment 212736

And this, a couple of hours later, with a little bit of cloud cover.
View attachment 212737

I like them for different reasons!

Anwar
Both are beautiful but overall I prefer the earlier one for the light and shadows! (notwithstanding some slight haloes around the tree in the upper right-hand corner)

anwarp

Both are beautiful but overall I prefer the earlier one for the light and shadows! (notwithstanding some slight haloes around the tree in the upper right-hand corner)
Thank you Ed.!
These were quick BW conversions in capture 1. I just reduced the blues to bring out some contrast in the sky.
I need to experiment in Affinity Photo if I can do the conversion without the halo. A well refined mask may also do the job in C1.

Ed Hurst

Wild garlic always reminds me of something I uncovered when co-authoring a book that was published in 2005. It related to an English place that glories in the name Lickfold. Apparently it means 'clearing in the forest where the wild garlic grows'. That was worth clarifying, I'd say.