The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejpeiker

Muir Beach Overlook looking towards San Francisco just before sunset... XF-IQ3100, SK 75-150BR @ 100mm, ISO 50, f/8, 15s
CA_MuirBeach02.jpg

bensonga

I suppose I could have just read it as "You don't need the latest and best specced camera to take a great picture - you need a great photographer." And then it would make perfect sense. Instead I read it as "The 645D is no longer viable except in the most capable hands." If the former was the intent, I withdraw my comment.

Apologies for going :OT:,

Matt
I am sorry if my post was poorly worded and led to this misinterpretation Matt. Dave expressed my intent better than I did. I own a 645D and know it to be a very capable camera, especially in the hands of a photographer like Dave, as we saw in the two photos he shared. Unstated in my original post was simply the thought that the 645D (and other older MFDBs) often are overlooked now that newer CMOS spec cameras like the 645z, GFX 50s etc have received so much well deserved acclaim. I happen to own and enjoy using several MFD cameras that are multiple generations older than the latest technology, although my skills are such that I rarely capture the kind of exceptional images so often seen here.

Gary

fiver

I am sorry if my post was poorly worded and led to this misinterpretation Matt. Dave expressed my intent better than I did. I own a 645D and know it to be a very capable camera, especially in the hands of a photographer like Dave, as we saw in the two photos he shared. Unstated in my original post was simply the thought that the 645D (and other older MFDBs) often are overlooked now that newer CMOS spec cameras like the 645z, GFX 50s etc have received so much well deserved acclaim. I happen to own and enjoy using several MFD cameras that are multiple generations older than the latest technology, although my skills are such that I rarely capture the kind of exceptional images so often seen here.

Gary
newer does'nt mean better, a lot of people prefer the older CCD sensors over the newer Cmos, and say that CCD has richer tonal colour.
I have both and sense each one has something terrific to bring to the table.

tcdeveau

Had some nice weather last night so went out and did some quick shooting. X1D, 45mm, ISO 100, f11 and maybe 20 seconds or something like that. Sorry I keep sharing the same view lately but I haven't had much time to explore other spots
-Todd6-8-17_0083_HDR.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Finally processed the zillion files from the last trip. All Leica S(006) and 24 Super Elmar or 70 Summarit. This wasn't a photography trip, so these are holiday snapshots. Feel free to denigrate!

2 panel stitch. Garage. Carved from the limestone. By the ROMANS.

Danielle on the battlements

Morning on the Costa Brava

And Evening.

Roses descending from a tree?!

And my wife. This trip was for her birthday.

Best,

Matt

Grayhand

Omberg Nature Reserve

500C/M, 50mm, CFV50C

I have now rebuilt my web site because the old "engin" was working really bad with the latest version of OS 10.12.
The rendering of Jpeg:s had become horrible...

The new "engin" is so much better!!!

The negative thing is that all old links on this site to my photos are now broken...

But, It had to be done!

Ray

Deltona

Managed to get an afternoon out the other day. Light was not that inspiring but had a pleasant few hours to myself.

Trying out the 16stop firecrest. Mamiya 645df Phase One P21+ 35mm 16stop firecrest and CPL

CF065471.jpg

Watching this young Doe walk up ther lane toward me, kept rock still it got to around 50 feet before the shutter spooked it. Mamiya 645df Phase One P21+ 210mm. Pretty impressed with the 210 it kept focus spot on.

CF065520-Edit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.