The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Pandemic got you down? Quarantine Blues getting old? Heat wave for Labor Day weekend giving you pause for enjoying the last holiday of the summer weather? Social unrest and political BS ruining your time off from working? :ROTFL:

If you can't change things, laugh at them! If things aren't going right, turn left, zig zag, whatever!:thumbup:

With all the above and more, I put a virtual crowbar in our morning schedule and forced a morning respite into being. We loaded up, drove to the old Mill and were surprised the heat and weather disasters had not changed the Mill much over the past year. Despite the loss of some greenery and new paint needed for the old structure, we joined the company of only three people who decided to go fishing today.:)

This is what we found:

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Pandemic got you down? Quarantine Blues getting old? Heat wave for Labor Day weekend giving you pause for enjoying the last holiday of the summer weather? Social unrest and political BS ruining your time off from working? :ROTFL:

If you can't change things, laugh at them! If things aren't going right, turn left, zig zag, whatever!:thumbup:

I'm with you Dave. Saddling up the truck camper and heading to the North Shore of Lake Superior on Monday. Sparsely populated at the best of times, I think the pandemic will not be an issue there. I badly need some new shots - I'm fed up looking at the old stuff trying to find something to post. Having said that, I'm impressed how much can be improved by updating old Capture 7 (and on) files to C1 20. There have been some advantages to imprisonment!

Carpe Diem!

Bill

dave.gt

I'm with you Dave. Saddling up the truck camper and heading to the North Shore of Lake Superior on Monday. Sparsely populated at the best of times, I think the pandemic will not be an issue there. I badly need some new shots - I'm fed up looking at the old stuff trying to find something to post. Having said that, I'm impressed how much can be improved by updating old Capture 7 (and on) files to C1 20. There have been some advantages to imprisonment!

Carpe Diem!

Bill
Bill, wow, that is great to see someone seize the day in that fashion!:)

Please post all you can find time for when you return!:thumbup:

We have been in basically full quarantine for months and we cannot even think of an overnight stay anywhere, or even risk the restroom stops along the way. Needless to say that means we can only roam an hour or so away from home. :banghead:

There aren't many opportunities for shooting close to home that we haven't done thousands of times before. Apparently, I will need to be creative for the long haul, which is a challenge that may result in some interesting projects. We shall see. In the meantime, enjoy the trip, be safe, be well and shoot lots!:thumbs:

Edit: Btw, I am shooting a lot of film again now, and enjoying it immensely!

nameBrandon

My local grocery store.

Playing around with the ever-so-popular Tjintjelaar-esque B/W architectural look. The EXIF info will give away my compositing, if the lack of cloud reflections didn't.. It was my long-exposure sky image as well, of course. It's a fun style to play with.

and the original just for fun.. :D

funkysmurf

Finally had a chance to get out with my shiny new camera. I had a fall in the dark before first light, but thankfully my butt has plenty of built in cushioning and my wrist is not broken. Then the sky ended up being almost completely cloud free and even the surfers didn't get any joy with tiny waves.
It was still nice to get out of the house and have breakfast on the beach with the wife. I'm also excited to share my first MF image online.

GFX 100, 110mm, 40sec

Mexecutioner

Most of the time, except on winter, we have cherry tomatoes growing and they hardly make it to the table as my wife eats them from the vine while she is working in the garden. This time around I beat her to them and secured a few for the photo.

Three years ago we bought some praying mantis eggs and they have established really well in the yard. It is lovely to see them hatch in the spring and watch them grow through the season. Some, like the one in this photo, tend to claim a tree and stay there for the whole season. This one lives on the fig tree from which I took the figs for a past photo in this series. The fig tree grows right next to our beehives so I suspect the bees are a very good food supply for the mantis, even though i have not seen her eating them. Since the praying mantises are such an important part of our yard I gently grabbed this one for a couple photos before returning her to her fig tree. This photo is from a week ago and she is even bigger today. I preset focus and waited for her to walk across that point to take the photo. The full size image shows the incredible detail on her, especially the wings and antennae.

This weekend it has been 116 degrees here at home, so I am staying inside. We put shade cloth over the raised garden beds and deep watered them along with the fruit trees so hopefully they can make it through this heat wave. At temperatures this high the even the leaves of mature, well established trees, begin to char, it is hard to watch.

My Lovers Garden0560 MASTER copy.jpg

Last edited:

dave.gt

Most of the time, except on winter, we have cherry tomatoes growing and they hardly make it to the table as my wife eats them from the vine while she is working in the garden. This time around I beat her to them and secured a few for the photo.

Three years ago we bought some praying mantis eggs and they have established really well in the yard. It is lovely to see them hatch in the spring and watch them grow through the season. Some, like the one in this photo, tend to claim a tree and stay there for the whole season. This one lives on the fig tree from which I took the figs for a past photo in this series. The fig tree grows right next to our beehives so I suspect the bees are a very good food supply for the mantis, even though i have not seen her eating them. Since the praying mantises are such an important part of our yard I gently grabbed this one for a couple photos before returning her to her fig tree. This photo is from a week ago and she is even bigger today. I preset focus and waited for her to walk across that point to take the photo. The full size image shows the incredible detail on her, especially the wings and antennae.

This weekend it has been 116 degrees here at home, so I am staying inside. We put shade cloth over the raised garden beds and deep watered them along with the fruit trees so hopefully they can make it through this heat wave. At temperatures this high the even the leaves of mature, well established trees, begin to char, it is hard to watch.

View attachment 151233
You grow the best looking vegetables ever!:):):)

Mexecutioner

You grow the best looking vegetables ever!:):):)
Thanks Dave, but I must say the vegetables are my wife's handiwork. I am the keeper of the fruit trees.

I have some Asian pears to shoot, some passion fruit, different types of squash and a very exciting variety of eggplant called "Paloma" that is all white and so pretty. Hopefully tomorrow morning as I do that in the workshop adjacent to the garage and the heat inside is madness as nor the garage or the workshop are air conditioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.