The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

alistairsimmons

3-shot vertical stitch of a barn in Swaledale, Yorkshire Dales, UK. Lots like it in this area, but this one had a particular stewardship.

Cambo Actus, 70mm and IQ4 100MP Trichromatic.

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Reactions: B L

vieri

Two different moods at Reynisdrangar, Iceland

I love going to Iceland in winter. The weather in Iceland is always such a leading character in the story and this is even truer in winter, as the images here prove (at least to me, that is). Reynisdrangar, in Iceland, is a very accessible location offering a wealth of different compositional options, which together with the ever-changing weather, really make for an inspiring place to be.

Stormy weather over Reynisdrangar. 1/25 sec., Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Reynisdrangar Sunset. 16 sec., Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 45mm and Formatt-hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

nameBrandon

Re: Two different moods at Reynisdrangar, Iceland

I love going to Iceland in winter. The weather in Iceland is always such a leading character in the story and this is even truer in winter, as the images here prove (at least to me, that is). Reynisdrangar, in Iceland, is a very accessible location offering a wealth of different compositional options, which together with the ever-changing weather, really make for an inspiring place to be.

Stormy weather over Reynisdrangar. 1/25 sec., Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Reynisdrangar Sunset. 16 sec., Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 45mm and Formatt-hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Vieri
Stupid virus.. go away.. I need to go to Iceland with Vieri!! :) Amazing work, as usual.

I'm curious, have you ever done the Faroe Islands? I think I may try and find a tour there for my next photo trip.

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Vieri
Hello Vieri . I love this one very much . :thumbup: The clouds turn out just great and give a great mood .

vieri

Stupid virus.. go away.. I need to go to Iceland with Vieri!! :) Amazing work, as usual.

I'm curious, have you ever done the Faroe Islands? I think I may try and find a tour there for my next photo trip.
:D Thank you very much Brandon, yes we all can't wait for the virus to leave us alone and free to travel again! My Iceland December 2020 trip is sold out, next one with availability in in March 2021 and I am pretty hopeful that we'll be able to move around by then. About the Faroe, I haven't been there yet - on my to do list! :)

Hello Vieri . I love this one very much . :thumbup: The clouds turn out just great and give a great mood .
Thank you very much indeed Jurgen, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

drevil

Staff member
Well spotted, with the island of Reichenau in the foreground.
I have never been there, but that place is well known, there are not many lakes in germany with that large peninsulas.

I should really give it a visit, a good friend of mine, from mandatory army service, is buried on a cemetery on one of the islands

vieri

Two stormy images of Durdle Door

Dorset, in the UK, is one of my favourite destinations. Durdle Door's sea arch is probably the most photographed landmark in Dorset, and for good reasons - it is truly remarkable. Here two different compositions of this iconic location.

Stormy weather over Durdle Door. ⁠12 seconds, Leica S (Typ 007), Leica Summarit-S 35mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters

Stormy sunset over Durdle Door. ⁠90 seconds, Leica SL, Leica Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters

Vieri

dj may

A couple of weeks ago, I spent two nights in a hut in the Swiss alps. Below are two images from the same location, about 06:00, 24 hours apart. For the first image there was no moon, and finding my way in the fog and dark, was more difficult than expected. Did I mention that it is very dark in the alps without a moon?

24 hours later, no fog, clear sky and much easier going (I also replaced the batteries in my headlamp). The climbers on the Matterhorn began at 04:00 and their headlamps are streaks in this 2-minute exposure.

Leica S, Super-Elmar-S 24

anyone

A couple of weeks ago, I spent two nights in a hut in the Swiss alps. Below are two images from the same location, about 06:00, 24 hours apart. For the first image there was no moon, and finding my way in the fog and dark, was more difficult than expected. Did I mention that it is very dark in the alps without a moon?

24 hours later, no fog, clear sky and much easier going (I also replaced the batteries in my headlamp). The climbers on the Matterhorn began at 04:00 and their headlamps are streaks in this 2-minute exposure.

Leica S, Super-Elmar-S 24
Very nice, Jesse. Love the second shot :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.