The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with S1/s1r

Quentin_Bargate

I am in Cornwall. Sadly, my Fuji GFX100S shutter has failed, but fortunately I have with me my Lumix S1r, and I am appreciating its greater reliability, versatility and of course its image quality.

I am using it with two of Sigma's newest Mirrorless camera specifc lenses, the 24-70mm F/2.8 Art, and the 14-24mm F/2.8 Art, along with (for the 24-70mm) Kase magnetic filters, and (for the 14-24mm) Nisi's dedicated and massive filter system.

Firs up I have to say what great lenses the two Sigma lenses are. Spectacular. Although not yet used much, they are great additions to the L-mount. Sigma are knocking it out of the park with these latest offerings, and also with their 105mm Macro in the same series, all with full weather sealing. However, probably the cream of the crop is the 35mm F/1,2, the only lens that floored me when I first saw results from it. I have it with me but I have not yet used it in Cornwall.

Here are two shots using the 24-70mm Art, the first is semi-macro taken on Sandymouth beach at 800ISO on a tripod, and, and the second is a hand-held a mono image at the same location.Cornwall.jpgCornwall_2.jpg

Fuji GFX? who cares!

bensonga

I am using it with two of Sigma's newest Mirrorless camera specifc lenses, the 24-70mm F/2.8 Art, and the 14-24mm F/2.8 Art, along with (for the 24-70mm) Kase magnetic filters, and (for the 14-24mm) Nisi's dedicated and massive filter system.

First up I have to say what great lenses the two Sigma lenses are. Spectacular. Although not yet used much, they are great additions to the L-mount. Sigma are knocking it out of the park with these latest offerings, and also with their 105mm Macro in the same series, all with full weather sealing. However, probably the cream of the crop is the 35mm F/1,2, the only lens that floored me when I first saw results from it. I have it with me but I have not yet used it in Cornwall.
Excellent images Quentin. I am also impressed with Sigma's L-mount DG DN lenses. I have the 105/2.8 macro, the 85/1.4 and the 45/2.8 DG DN lenses with plans to add a few more of Sigma's lenses to my L-mount systems (S1/S1R/SL) in the months to come.

Gary

bensonga

We spent 10 days in Maui recently. I usually travel with a pair of Panasonic GX8 m43rds cameras. On this trip I decided to take the S1R. Here are a couple of photos from the trip. Both shot with the Panasonic 24-105/4 lens. Since both of these images have been significantly cropped from the original image, it was nice to have the extra resolution of the S1R (vs taking my S1 or the GX8s).

Gary

Just outside the Alexander & Baldwin Sugar Mill which closed in 2016.
__PA0187 JPG HC&S Puunene Meat Market 1926 Cropped-2 +15 Shadows P1800.jpg

Chukar at the summit of Haleakala.
__PA0095 JPG Haleakala Chukar on Rocks Cropped SQ CLREFX P1800.jpg

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

I paid a visit to my old friend, Adrian Aderyn, and his wife Eva at their hotel in the far north of Scotland, and took along my Lumix S1r and Sigma L-mount lenses. The weather wa pretty terrible, but there were some bright moments, and who needs good weather anyway? The first two shots were from close to the hotel. the monochrome shot was in the pouring rain close by. the area is incredibly beautiful and I will have to return in better weather soonGarvault_1.jpgGarvault_2.jpgGarvault_3.jpgGarvault_5.jpg

stevev

I was fortunate to get access to a penthouse with the best views of the Story Bridge in Brisbane and shot in some beautiful, soft pre-dawn light with the S1R. This was 5 vertical frames stitched. I also have the high-res frames from the same series, which combine to make a rather large file in this case. Pixel shift works very well here, with the tripod resting on concrete and shooting a steel and concrete subject.

The sun was just about to rise behind my left shoulder.

bridge4.jpg

Last edited:

scho

More tree rats. Crops from a shot in high res mode by mistake and I expected a blurry mess, but actually not bad for a crop from a 187 MP image. Second shot is the accompanying normal 48 MP version.

scho

This was an intentional high resolution mode test shot of a houseplant. Tripod mounted with 28-70 mm lens. Imported the raw via DXO PureRaw 2 and then downsized by 50% in LR for export to Flickr. Click for full size.