The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Vinyl_TO

Uploading to the forum didn't go as planned -- the attached photos were reprocessed and now look pretty "bitty." I need to learn how to use this forum better. That's obviously not the way to share photos!

KlausJH

Uploading to the forum didn't go as planned -- the attached photos were reprocessed and now look pretty "bitty." I need to learn how to use this forum better. That's obviously not the way to share photos!
I upload my pictures to flickr first and post the BBCode here, usually 1600px wide. In case you have a flickr account...

Godfrey

Fulvia Follies ... ongoing

I'm getting my Lancia Fulvia Coupe ready for a complete interior overhaul. I pulled it out into the church parking lot to make some "before" photos of the interior ... haven't processed those yet ... but got annoyed—for the last time!—with all the stickers on the windows.

I removed them. It looks a lot cleaner to my eye.

Fulvia - De-Stickered #1 - Santa Clara 2022
Hasselblad 907x + XCD 65mm f/2.8
ISO 100, f/13, 1/125

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mWKrGr]

Fulvia - De-Stickered #2 - Santa Clara 2022
ISO 100, f/4.8, 1/640

Fulvia - De-Stickered #3 - Santa Clara 2022
ISO 100, f/4.8, 1/750

Fulvia - De-Stickered #4 - Santa Clara 2022
ISO 100, f/4.8, 1/640

The contrasty sunlight would have been a problem with almost any other of my cameras other than the Hasselblad 907x...
Enjoy! :D

G

Edgy01

I hope you didn’t pay for those avocados! I have a surplus on my trees!

That set up is clearly within my sights. I have a variety of the best from Zeiss and a 500 EL/M, 503CW, and 903 SWC.

Dan
aka Edgy01

vs-foto

Because I'm working with what I have for the present. If I were to buy new extension tubes, I'd likely want to buy X mount tubes (there are two available) but I already have these. If I were to buy new V system extension tubes, I'd have to have a way to determine how to tell what "later ones" looked like and find them since there are no serial numbers that I am aware of... :)

Here's a snap of the setup...
Slightly greater than life size with the Planar 80/2.8 T* (mm scale, full frame width, cropped vertical as uninteresting):

The 907x + XV Adapter + 2x extension tubes + Planar 80/2.8 T*:

G
Hello Godfrey, I tried the combination XV Adapter + extension tube 32E + Planar T* CFE 2.8/80 today. Wanted only to know if the mechanics and bayonets work. I am familiar with the special topic => assembly - disassembly sequence for my 503CW, V-lenses and 32E. When removing the lens from 32E, the leaf-shutter released and I had to wind it manual with a coin. Can this be avoided?

Godfrey

I see a similar behavior on my system, usually when I mix "E" series extension tubes and older ones. It happens about one in ten times I remove a lens.

I don't know of any way to prevent it for sure, so I always keep the Hasselblad tool to rewind the lens shutter and body in my bag when I'm using the system. Hasselblad stopped making the tool some time ago Fotodiox has been making a replica for years now (that's what I have). It's listed at B&H Photo:
Fotodiox Camera Key for Hasselblad

G

KeithDM

A few images trying the CFV II 50C on the back of a 501cm. It was about -10C and windy so I didn't end up pulling out my filter kit and tripod as I normally would. This was mostly an experiment for me as it was the first time out with the CFV in natural light with the 501cm. All images shot with the 80mm f2.8 C T*.
Hi, thanks for the images. How was focussing and framing with the CFV II 50C in such bright and directional sunshine? (I'm toying with idea of the CFV II 50C for my 503CX).

Vinyl_TO

Hi, thanks for the images. How was focussing and framing with the CFV II 50C in such bright and directional sunshine? (I'm toying with idea of the CFV II 50C for my 503CX).
With the 501cm I’ve been focusing and composing with the optical viewfinder on the 501. I’ve not tried using bulb mode on the lens and live view yet. That said, when using the back on the 907x my live view focusing experience has been simple and the screen is plenty bright.

Geoff

One of the things possible with the 907 and 45p is that one can get good quality shots hand held in poor conditions where before a tripod (and permission) was needed. One example is this quite large Matisse in poor light in a Paris museum. Below is full size crop (resolution reduced for the web), you can see much of the pencil detail, allowing one to go home and look at the work in detail. Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 6.04.45 AM.png

H paris 12.2021_0165 sml.jpg

KlausJH